I made an ebay mistake

You win some you lose some. That's what ebay is about. I thought a bag I listed would bid up to $39 but it went at $19. Oh well, I made $60 on another one I sold (right now I am selling alot of older bags).

You should honor the sale.

This has happened to me in the past. I bought a Blazer on Ebay for $110, I planned on wearing it to a wedding which I didnt. So I put it back on ebay for $1 starting bid since this is what the seller I bought it from did. Anyway I sold it for $2.50, OMG I was Gobsmacked :wtf::wtf:. But I did honour the sale and sent it off. Its 100% a lesson learnt and I wouldnt do it again unless I was prepared to take the loss.

I did the same thing once, and seriously sold a really cute Elaine Turner handbag for like a penny plus shipping. lol I had to honor it no matter how much it hurt. The bag was a couple hundred dollars, but I think the problem was that "Elaine Turner" is not a well-known brand so I'm sure not many were searching for it. I've learnt my lesson and have not listed for that low anymore.

It's worth it to honor the sale. I've taken some hits on shipping and low bids in the past, and I've also refunded shipping if what the buyer paid was over $1.00 more than what I actually paid. I've had a couple of people post feedback saying things like, "This is the most honest seller I've ever dealt with on ebay!", so it will keep your feedback strong and positive. If you plan to continue selling, the few dollars you lose now is worth it!

Something along that line has happened to all of us. No fun..but it is how we learn. Just think in the grand scheme of your life those few dollars probably won't have much importance. Send the package and forget it.

The sting will go away with time. It happened to me with one bid of 99 cents. I thought I was going to get some really really really nice feedback for following through with the sale. The buyer said I had fair prices!!!!!!! More like a steal LOL. I laugh at the feedback now.

Yeah that does get annoying. I have certain magazines (won't say which because I'm not promoting myself lol) that I start at .99, get a TON of watchers, then only end up with one bid. It's weird because those usually go for a lot more. Oh well.

I understand you were trying to attract buyers w/ the low bidding price, but a lot of sellers have been saying that sales have been really really slow now esp b/c it's summer time. This is a lesson learned, but come the fall and winter, you'll have better sales and make up for the money lost. Don't worry. I haven't sold anything for that low but I have sold a few bags that were worth way more, and even though it wasn't .99, it did hurt so I know how it feels. Good luck w/ future sales!

I start my auctions low if it's adesigner item. Just to get more interest. Then I just watch the auction and once it gets close to the end if it doesn't look like it's going to go for what I want it to I end it.

I know it's kinda dumb and ya'll probably look down on that. But that's what I do... Sometimes.

But I haven't had to end anything because it's all went for more than I was expecting.