I made a first step

Sarah - Did the SA tell "how much" exactly do you need to spend?

It's because even if you regularly buy small things and then it doesn't add up to the sum the would consider you to order a Birkin, then it's useless ... unless you're really buying things you love and not because you want to get a Birkin.

And another thing...about keeping track. I always assumed they were keeping track because I noticed on my receipts that I have a client number on them which I guess means they keep track of all purchases.

La Vanguardia said:
Sarah - Did the SA tell "how much" exactly do you need to spend?

It's because even if you regularly buy small things and then it doesn't add up to the sum the would consider you to order a Birkin, then it's useless ... unless you're really buying things you love and not because you want to get a Birkin.

Yup, he mentioned around 4000. But I have yet to check out the truth behind this, it is possible that he just let it out of his mouth just like that. Does anyone know whether Hermes SAs work on comission or not? If so, perhaps he was saying the figure for his gain? If he can get me to become his customer and make me believe that I have to spend 4000 first, wouldn't that be a plus for him financially? Another possibility, of course, that this was the truth, and if so that sucks on my part.

That is why on my next visit, I wanna chat more with the SA or the manager to get a better feel on the situation. Honestly, I dont think I can spend 4000 first just to get a birkin. Perhaps for now I won't be thinking on achieving a lot of things first. I want to establish a relationship with the SA first. Who knows, this might help me a lot in the future, perhaps lowering the figure down to 2k (I wish!) :shame:

nathansgirl1908 said:
Yeah that is weird. I had only purchased a scarf there before I purchased my kelly.

I was a walk in customer buying for the 1st time at Hermes London when I bought my fuchsia kelly on April.

Like I said, perhaps locations matter. Hermes here in Indonesia is small, I can imagine they only have small shipments allocated to them each time, while the demand is high. It's prolly also coz they are afraid ppl wont buy their other things, as most ppl only want the birkin or kelly. Those are my best guesses.

sarahcantiik said:
Yup, he mentioned around 4000. But I have yet to check out the truth behind this, it is possible that he just let it out of his mouth just like that. Does anyone know whether Hermes SAs work on comission or not? If so, perhaps he was saying the figure for his gain? If he can get me to become his customer and make me believe that I have to spend 4000 first, wouldn't that be a plus for him financially? Another possibility, of course, that this was the truth, and if so that sucks on my part.

That is why on my next visit, I wanna chat more with the SA or the manager to get a better feel on the situation. Honestly, I dont think I can spend 4000 first just to get a birkin. Perhaps for now I won't be thinking on achieving a lot of things first. I want to establish a relationship with the SA first. Who knows, this might help me a lot in the future, perhaps lowering the figure down to 2k (I wish!) :shame:

That is really strange how Hermes in Indonesia works then. :amazed: You need to spend 4000 first :mad: just to be considered to be waitlisted on a Birkin. So, if you want an ostrich, how much would it be 10,000? :Push:

You really need to check this out once again and have a nice chat with the SAs and store manager.

Good luck! :flowers:

When I purchased my goodies I noticed a "client number" on my receipt, too.
I'm in agreement with La Van on purchasing small items....only do it Sarah if they are things you love. Because before you know it, it all adds up and you will have spent the equivalent of a small handbag before you know it. I have to believe that if you become friendly with a specific SA and you frequent the store and buy only those small items you love and have to have from him/her, maybe that SA will do their best to help you get the bag of your dreams!:yes:

shopmom411 said:
When I purchased my goodies I noticed a "client number" on my receipt, too.
I'm in agreement with La Van on purchasing small items....only do it Sarah if they are things you love. Because before you know it, it all adds up and you will have spent the equivalent of a small handbag before you know it. I have to believe that if you become friendly with a specific SA and you frequent the store and buy only those small items you love and have to have from him/her, maybe that SA will do their best to help you get the bag of your dreams!:yes:

Amen to that shopmom :flowers: That sound like the ideal plan :heart:

La Van, yup, that was the quote he gave me. I was like, okay 4k huh? I'm not going to just swallow this in whole, coz if I were to spend 4k first, then get a birkin (7k) = 11k? :yucky: I can add a couple of thousands and get an ostrich birkin, right?

sarahcantiik said:

I don't know about that store but where I shop I purchased a Kelly then they sold me the Birkin a few weeks later. Now I'm on a wait list for another Birkin and everytime a Birkin comes in my SA calls me to give me a heads up on what came in.
They are all about money,.. How much you spend will define how fast you get what you want. OH and did I forget to mention that they even want to hold a credit card number before they even think of putting you on the list. They want no playing around when it comes to these bags. It's like "Sh*t or get off the pot" You have to be serious and they want to see it

Baggaholic said:
I don't know about that store but where I shop I purchased a Kelly then they sold me the Birkin a few weeks later. Now I'm on a wait list for another Birkin and everytime a Birkin comes in my SA calls me to give me a heads up on what came in.
They are all about money,.. How much you spend will define how fast you get what you want. OH and did I forget to mention that they even want to hold a credit card number before they even think of putting you on the list. They want no playing around when it comes to these bags. It's like "Sh*t or get off the pot" You have to be serious and they want to see it

The credit card issue was the same at my Hermes in Florida. (quite possibly because their are so many transients from Florida and NY)

Thanks for taking us along on this journey Sarah and for all the info ladies. I definitely am more informed on how to go about getting my dream bag ;)

No worries Amkur. Who's a better candidate than the ladies here to share the journey with? :love: My girlfriends would've think I'm a nutso for willing to go this far for a bag, but I know the ladies here would mostly understand the severe addiction :rolleyes: Regardless of the outcome, this will at least serves as an evidence on the different practices in each country.

sarahcantiik said:
No worries Amkur. Who's a better candidate than the ladies here to share the journey with? :love: My girlfriends would've think I'm a nutso for willing to go this far for a bag, but I know the ladies here would mostly understand the severe addiction :rolleyes: Regardless of the outcome, this will at least serves as an evidence on the different practices in each country.

What you said is so true! Remember though...the birkin isn't the end all. I have wanted one for years and still do not have one. I have made it and so will you. Don't let it consume you. In time it will happen. You have a gorgeous Kelly, so love that baby up first!