I made a decision!

I am looking at two different style bags and CANNOT decide! Any thoughts on the Dylan Folding Tote vs the Dylan Medium Tote with the detachable messenger strap. I then have to decide on the coconut (white) vs the cognac. (brown)
***********0000ff]Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I am a LP newbie!:smile:[/COLOR]

The Folding Tote was spotted on quite a few celebs lately, I LOVE it! I also like the cognac better bc it's easier to take through the seasons.

I'm looking at the brand new shoulder bag, large speedy, and medium tote... I can't decide!!! I have the Zip Tote from last year of course, and I need the latest. What do you think? Myobsessionsboutique.com has a lot of options on there, and I really like their cs.

I have been hemming and hawing over the Dylan foldover in coconut vs cognac. I found a cognac bag at a small boutique for 25% off but with an all sales final clause. I love the coconut(white) but the price is so steep that I wonder if I should settle for the cognac. I am blonde, blue eyes...wear a lot of kelly green, yellow, blue.
Any thoughts???
Thank you!:smile:

I have the coconut Tote [the one with side zippers] & I love it but after only one use there was slight color transfer :cry: to the under part of the handles because I wore it with a denim jacket. The coconut is more like the color of coconut milk like a creamy white. It is very versatile but because of the color lightness you need to be careful what you wear it with. Just wanted to share what happened to my bag with you to give you something to think about.

The cognac is a versatile color as well so whatever you think you would use more is the way to go! I am like you with the colors but I am a strawberry blonde with blue/green eyes. No matter which bag you choose you can wear all the colors you normally do!! Good luck with your choice!!

Last edited:
Cognac! I have one, and it's everyday color that goes with everything. I think coconut is a hit or miss and some people have said it looks dirty and I wouldn't want to pay full price for it.

Hi hrunnergirl, IMO the Dylan folding tote in cognac is the best choice. Both the color and folding style is versatile. Especially the color, think about what it will take to keep it clean. I agree with baggirl00...you'll be able to use through all seasons.

Baggirl00, I prefer tote to speedy...like a NS style vs. EW. Good luck!

The cognac is a rich gorgeous shade that will give you years of wear, and you most likely will not tire of it quickly. Also will complement your coloring and wardrobe. The 25% is an added bonus. I think Coconut is nice only when new, and will be more difficult and costly to maintain.

Well....Ms. Indecisive here finally made a decision after MUCH contemplation!:biggrin:
I purchased the Dylan Folding Tote in Cognac. Granted it is not the most practical for getting in and out of but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of it. Beauty beat practicality! It was also 25% off for the Cognac.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone gave me on my first lp purchase. Now, any thoughts on preparing it to carry? (leather protectant?)

I was having the same delimma when I purchased my first LP.
However the folding tote is kinda weird to me
Since it has a shoulder strap but you cant seem to use it.
It will unfold itself if using the shoulder straps...
So to me a Dylan Medium Tote is better for school and travel around.
The folding tote is really nice, but you can only wear it as a messanger bag isn't it?
Pleas correct me if I have any misunderstanding about the bag.