I"m not sure what to do?!?!

I have the opportunity to purchase a very slightly worn vintage flap at a great price (almost afraid to tell here!!!) but not sure I want to pull the trigger or hold out for a new one. Reputable seller (consignment shop) that was recommended on TPF. I am biting my nails:confused1:

Go with what you really feel, especially if it's a great deal! Is that gonna be your first Chanel? 'Cos if it is, I'd advise you to reserve that experience for a brand new bag. JMHO.

great price for a vintage piece? I will jump the gun and purchase it!
Old or new, doesnt matter to me as long as you love the bag!!!
I have this small vinatage flap and love it to pieces, more so than my new cerf tote!

I think it depends on how anal you are about used bags that come with slight scratches and scuff marks. For me personally, I know that I'm someone that won't be fully happy with a bag that isn't in mint condition regardless of price, so I think its very subjective--everyone is different.

I agree with fleur though. If this is your first Chanel experience, I would recommend you go for a new one.

yea, your very first should be a brand new one. Otherwise your heart will keep aching for a new one till you get one. After your own first you can start collecting your vintages,different styles,models etc. Believe me your first wont be your last with Chanel so why not start new. Good Luck deciding its your call.

If the bag is in a condition that you're comfortable with & it's at a great price, then I think you should make the purchase. Not sure of the condition or the price of your bag, but I'd say to go for it IF it's in mint condition & at least half off of the current retail price. Otherwise, it's safer to purchase brand new. Personally, I'm really anal about my bags & would only purchase preowned if it was limited edition or no longer available at the boutique. Granted, I love the feeling of walking out with a Chanel shopping bag (feels like Christmas morning everytime)...but the Chanel shopping experience isn't what it's cracked up to be. You'll soon find out that some of the SAs will turn you off of the brand as a whole.

i'm a chanel newbie and i just purchased my first chanel couple months ago. trust me, you would want to get your first chanel from the boutique and walk out like a queen ;) and now i am eyeing for vintage...if and only if i'm not that broke!

Whichever you decide to get - the experiences associated with each one is very rewarding...Just enjoy!:smile:

A new bag - you have the whole boutique experience.:queen:

A vintage bag - holds more mystery - of the life the treasured Chanel had before becoming into your family.:tender:

Whatever you decide to do...rest assured it will not be your only Chanel.;)

my first chanels were bought from the boutique... and I just started to appreciate vintage. I currently bought a vintage from the 90s, and it looked totally new!! It cost me last than US$1000!!! It is my favourite chanel now!

Vintage chanel is way cool! but get it only if if it really makes your heart jump, and not because it is cheap

yea, your very first should be a brand new one. Otherwise your heart will keep aching for a new one till you get one. After your own first you can start collecting your vintages,different styles,models etc. Believe me your first wont be your last with Chanel so why not start new. Good Luck deciding its your call.

So not true! My very first Chanel was a vintage mini flap. I felt absolutely no feelings of remorse for not buying new. In fact, I typically feel BETTER buying a bag I get a good deal on than knowing I'm paying too much for a new one. Buy the vintage!!!!!