i m a newbie and gonna buy this...is it a deal?

kobro

Dec 15, 2008
I have a pine makeup and love the color. This is a very hard bag to find. I think you'll love it. Don't pass it up if you really want it, as what happens to a lot of people with rdc is that they ponder and ponder and right when they're about to buy...someone else has bought it!

QueenLouis

O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Near Chicago
At only $100 below retail for a used bag, I would only buy it if it was a color that I was absolutely dying for and no comparable color exists in currently available new bags.

I saw a bag I wanted on RDC that was only $50 below retail. Luckily I was able to score brand new from Bal Las Vegas.

There is an Evergreen color bag(s) currently available on the Barneys website. At least there was a few days ago.

Edit: Here's the Evergreen City... but it's with the Giant Hardware, so it's a few hundred more.
http://www.barneys.com/Arena Giant City/00460807006719,default,pd.html

Last edited:

kobro

Dec 15, 2008
pine is chevre; evergreen is agneau. there's a big difference in the leather. i've got both. no comparison really. but it depends on what you prefer. the high price has to do with the scarcity of the particular bag. corey prices accurately imho.

TMitch6542

May 14, 2008
Massachusetts
some 2007 Pine is agneau and in RDC's listing it says the city is Agneau. Some of the bags in that collection are agneau, some are chevre. I have a 2007 jaune brief that is agneau and yet some jaune bags are chevre.

kobro

Dec 15, 2008
^^ whoops! didn't read the rdc fine print. thought it looked like chevre. thanks tmitch.