I love Philip B. products BUT...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am in sticker shock at the price of his newest shampoo...has anyone tried it?

http://www.philipb.com/russian-amber-imperial-shampoo-p-1926.html

NEW! Russian Amber Imperial Shampoo

[​IMG]$140.00
    :wtf:

FEATURED IN VOGUE EDITORIAL NOVEMBER 2008!!!

Product Details
    (12 oz. Jar) We call this the Fountain of Youth for hair: Our reconstructing shampoo rejuvenates and revitalizes all hair types, giving even chemically-damaged strands a dramatically youthful look, feel and radiance from the first use. The power-packed formula truly heals on all fronts: Eleven life-giving L-Amino acids at active strengths repair hair on a cellular level — quickly restoring its body, bounce and shine. An extraordinarily high dose of Panthenol (Vitamin B5) coupled with a catalyst, Phytantriol, sinks moisture deep into every strand. An artful, Russian-inspired blend of of Chamomile, Grape Seed, Rosemary, Nettle, Burdock and Sage infuses hair with emollients for a healthy gleam-from-withing. Protective Silk, Wheat and Soy Proteins increase elasticity and tensile strength. And Shea Butter imparts a finishing touch of weightless hydration for beautiful, long-lasting bounce and resilience. Equally decadent: The tantalizing scent of PHILIP B® Russian Amber Imperial Shampoo channels the opulence of the Romanov dynasty, when the healing and calming properties of Amber Oil were treasured by a privileged few. Treat your hair like royalty — the Imperial way!

2. I love Philip B. products too....there's no way I could justify spending that kind of money on shampoo. I thought the White Truffle shampoo was pricey, but that's just silly.

Having said that, his products are great, and so maybe if I had money to burn I'd try it.

3. Yes, I was a sucker for this product. It is outstanding but a little tricky to use.

You have to warm it up in your hands then apply to your scalp and add a little water and work in a lather.

Its very hydrating and honestly I am not sure that the improvements warrant the heavy sticker price.

But sometimes we all feel like indulging!!

4. How are some of his other products? Im considering trying the shin shine and and a few of his shampoos and conditioners, any reviews would be helpful.

thanks!

5. Oooh..I wanna know about his shampoos too! Especially the Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing and clarifying shampoo. and also the anti-flake relief shampoo! my scalp has just been itchy like crazy lately!
    and how about the maui wowie beach mist?

I had a sample of the Lovin Leave-In cream and I love that one. the scent is addicting!

6. I have the russian imperial amber shampoo and it is really the greatest shampoo I ever had, you need no conditioner afterwards, the hair is full and shiny like, smells incredible, it is the best shampoo in the world, I even did not need to blow dry, the hair falls like having been blown dried at the hairdressers, just amazing

i use it once a week, due to the price, like a spa treatment, and alter with aubrey organics hair treatment

next I will buy the avocado shampoo