I love my Paddy but.....

1. I have the Paddy satchel in blanc and it's one of my favorite bags. But sometimes I prefer to leave it at home to admire its beauty rather than to take it out. Because whenever I take it out, it's a bit cumbersome with the lock. It's hard to get in and out of and sometimes I damage things when I don't pay attention and just flop the lock down. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely adore my paddy but it's beginning to annoy me at times. LOL. Anyone else feel this way?

2. sweetsparkle - I leave mine completely unzipped, and consider the lock, flap and zipper tabs as mainly decoration - I do keep one of the zipper tabs on the lock loop to protect the plate, but not the one that criss-crosses the opening. This makes it much easier to get in and out of. Do you keep yours zipped & locked and is that what makes it difficult to access? Or does even the flipping drive you nuts? You could even leave the lock flipped backwards, unzipped - that's a good look too.
    But yeah, there is definitely a cumbersome price to pay to carry a beautiful paddy - whether it's the weight or the access! Right now it doesn't make me want to throw it out the door - but maybe someday!!

3. I keep my zippers unzipped and pushed to the sides. I think it's the flipping of the lock that drives me nuts. But I will certainly use your suggestion of keeping the lock flipped to one side! :biggrin:

4. Thats the reason, well one reasons I sold mine, the zippers sort of drove me nuts.

5. maybe we can start a new trend and take the lock off and let it dangle from a different part of the bag. :smile: I'm in love with the pocket paddy and saving to get one in taupe but I don't want to get bruised if I accidentally smash the lock into my ribcage while flipping it open on the go

6. callmelulu - you're so cute and funny :biggrin: my fiance always complain how the lock on my paddy damages all his things when I flip it open. sigh. i love it but there must be a better way to handle this heavy lock!

7. Hey, how about getting a cheap-o inspired bag from Target or elsewhere and use its lightweight lock on the bag - spare yourself, your fiance and your lock some dings and save the heavy one for special occasions!!! Eeek, I know - that's paddy sacrilege! What am I saying??

8. The same exact reason why I returned my light blue paddy. The lock was getting in my nerves.

9. Sorry it's being a problem for you...

I leave my zippers undone too,I just keep the lock flipped over to close.Find it very easy to use.

Somehow I have never found the bag at all heavy.

And the only thing that sometimes startles me is when I flip the lock back to open the bag on a glass counter in a store,and it hits the counter with a terrible clatter!!

I always have to check that it hasn't shattered the counter:lol: .

10. Maybe this is why I can't bring myself to carry my blanc pocket. Or is it that it is heavier than the b-bag? I do think the lock is a pain, and I don't even carry it around! And it seems to just fall into the center of the bag anyway...not sure what the point is.

11. i took my lock off the few times i've carried it and the key;.then i figure what's the point..plus the leather is like ten times heavier than anyone else's bags....they are pretty but such a pain...

12. I have mastered the art of lock flipping, it doesnt bother me in the least.

13. I just take the lock off. I know that defeats the point but I have the larger tote, and it's too heavy for me WITH the lock on!

14. I've got to master the art of lock flippin too!!! ;)

15. sometimes i keep the lock on one of the hardware peices and not on the flap .. and if i am in a hurry and fear bumping it around i just take the lock off and place it in the zip pocket inside the bag .... :smile:
    sometimes i keep it zipped but other times i just keep it upzipped and flap down

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice