i love my new GSH Black PT.... but...

rabbitlover09

Jul 20, 2008
i got this, my first bal baby :yahoo:

attachment.php

super love the leather and hardware on this bag.. however my sis and colleague commented yesterday that it looks cheap.. i am still brooding over their comments... i think the bag has character... but yet at the same time i am regretting choosing this colour as my first bal..

i swear the bag loooks much better in real life compared to this picture... but i am someone who is easily influenced by other people.. so i actually wanted to sell this off to a second hand shop yesterday.. but i pulled myself back..

and i am not regretting it!! :smile:

what do you guys think? does a black GSH looks not as glam as other colours and hardware? did i choose the wrong combi?

I suspect the comment was made simply because they are unfamiliar with Balenciaga and the iconic status of the design. Perhaps they are not handbag lovers in general?

What type of purse do they carry and does it look cheap to you?

Best to try to ignore the comments and enjoy your beautiful new bag!

IMO, Black with silver looks more casual, than other colour of hardware such as Yellow Gold or Rose. If you love it keep it, but if your doubts about this combo become strong, let go and get something that will make your heart skip a beat everytime you see it ;)

thank you roey and kelly :flowers:

roey : they carry mostly LVs... i was an LV addict until i got sick of their canvas and wanted something that's leather and cool - and Bal fits the bill!

kelly : yup, my next bbag will be a pop of bubblegum pink! i like :smile:

You might want to tell them you feel logos and canvas look cheap the next time they feel the need to insult your bag. Okay, I admit I'm not very mature, lol!

I do agree that black and silver is a casual combination but in no way does it scream cheap IMO. It was a smart choice for your first Bbag! I got the neutrals out of the way first and then added color to my collection.

if there's one word that i would never describe balenciaga as, it's the word cheap.

i assume your sis and colleague are unfamililar with the bag and brand, hence the comments. i understand though how you can be influenced by their remarks. if you love the bag, keep it. then buy another :P i am almost sure, your sis and colleague will change their minds and eat their words in a few weeks time :P

oh btw, i too own a black gsh pt and it's a great bag! :yes:

I just got my black SGH PT today. And I love it as it's got such a cool edgy vibe. I've owned LV's before and still own a couple and just last weekend my younger cousin called my 25 speedy an old lady's bag! haha. So it's all subjective. I just think Bals are so much cooler and the black SGH combo is a classic.

You might want to tell them you feel logos and canvas look cheap the next time they feel the need to insult your bag. Okay, I admit I'm not very mature, lol!

I do agree that black and silver is a casual combination but in no way does it scream cheap IMO. It was a smart choice for your first Bbag! I got the neutrals out of the way first and then added color to my collection.

:biggrin: :tup:

If I were you I would tell them that you are sick of LV bag every girls and her auntie and the cousins all carry LV:smile: Oh no I'm not mature either:P

Best to just ignore them. Your bag is gorgeous at least I would trade all my LV for that bag:graucho:

The same thing happened to me when I bought my first Bal, a 08 GSH Ruby City. I never ask for other people’s approval when I buy something ,but a friend commented, that this bag doesn’t worth the money and that there are so many fake Bals out there. After that comment I had second thoughts (not for long)… Recently I repeted that "error" by getting my second Bal.:biggrin:
I really like the bag you chose to be your first Bal. It doesn’t look cheap; it just doesn’t scream "expensive bag".
If you like it ,keep it, don't let others influence you(even if they mean well).

It is a cool bag with gorgeous leather!

You can just tell them that you have recently been more attracted to leather quality than coated canvas.

So, I guess that I am right there with Roey and Klow-Chloe! hehe

I am glad that you have decided to make your next bal a pop of color! Bal does colors so well! That is what really hooks us!

There are so, so many fake LVs around, I see someone with an LV & I just think they probably bought it at the weekend markets for $10.

Bals often 'speak' more to their owners than they do to onlookers.