I love my boyfriend but.....

Clake76

Young Broke and Fab
Dec 10, 2006
Oakland, CA
profile.myspace.com
sometimes he gets a little excited and doesn't read the "small print". He asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told him a Burberry umbrella -- a large one since it has been raining like the Dickens here in the Bay Area. Well he surprised me today by giving me one of my presents -- the Burberry umbrella.

However, when I looked at the tag, I realized he gave me this on:

Burberry - Ladies Stick Umbrella - Saks.com

The Ladies Walking Umbrella -- which I find to be funny since I am a guy. But in any case, I love the umbrella's shining frame but am curious if it is a bit too "girly". My bf tries hard and I love that he even remembered -- however, I am not sure if I want to walk around town with a woman's umbrella.

Feedback?

Clake76

Young Broke and Fab
Dec 10, 2006
Oakland, CA
profile.myspace.com
I think I am going to exchange but I am still a bit in shock with the latest gift he just gave me -- I am shaking a bit over it......a LV shopping spree. So yeah the umbrella seems trival now that he went all out with the other stuff. WOW!

Sina

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
I think it's fine! If I saw a guy walking around with one, I wouldn't think it was too girly at all. I want a Burberry umbrella too.

katgrrrl

Aug 17, 2006
Room 7609
Dude, you're kidding, right? That's not "girly" at all! My hubby and I agree: NOT GIRLY! Hubby says: "honestly, I can't think of one guy that looked at somebody's umbrella and said 'that's girly'"! I say, if I saw a man carrying that umbrella, I'd think he was quite dapper...and rich.

Merry Christmas!:kiss:

Aug 11, 2006
NYC
aww how sweet of him! i don't think its "girly" at all. plus i tend to keep all my gifts from my boyfriend no matter how bad they are for sentimental reasons (a weird looking crystal christmas tree from 2 years ago).

The Snorks

Thrift Store Chic
Aug 10, 2006
It's not girly at all! Now if your bf would have bought you an umbrella with flowers all over it, that would be girly! BTW, your bf sounds like a sweetie, I don't think I had a BF that would spend that much on me until I met my DH.

uhkiwi

O.G.
Sep 14, 2005
don't exchange it!!! unless you know you won't use it, it is a fantastic wonderful gift!

cutiepie21

O.G.
May 15, 2006
I like the umbrella. If you're uncomfortable with it, then you should exchange it. But... what I want to know is what'd you get from LV?!?!? :graucho::nuts:

Vidalita

O.G.
Dec 23, 2005
SATX
just because it is described as a "ladies" item doesn't make it any more or less feminine. it's just an umbrella and looks perfectly unisex to me.

personally though i'm not too big on the novacheck at all... i have a small collection of animal print umbrellas (and you think this one's girly!??) and a westwood