I love everyone's Christmas threads, they have restored my holiday spirit.

candace117

Whiskey in a Teacup
O.G.
Oct 31, 2007
I just wanted to say - I got back into town late last night and I have been loving all of the great holiday surprises that people have been posting. My Christmas really didn't happen this year at all and I was having a hard time with that, so I was feeling better after seeing all of the great things your families did for all of you - there were so many thoughtful things - both in the gifts themselves and how the gifts were presented to you. It's definitely brought back a lot of my usual holiday cheer. I've kind of forgotten about myself which is kind of a relief.

So thank you everyone and I'm going to keep reading - I just wanted to say thanks for all of the overwhelming creativity, and positivity! Truly all are blessed with many great families and wonderful new additions to the Hermes family:love::love::love:.

So far my favorite is the birkin that asa's DD made for her, truly the greatest gifts of all come from children. :heart:

Sorry you had a less than stellar Christmas. DH and I have had some years like that - it's life. It makes you appreciate the years when you have 'perfect' ones. Welcome back - and hope 2008 is wonderful for you!

I just wanted to say - I got back into town late last night and I have been loving all of the great holiday surprises that people have been posting. My Christmas really didn't happen this year at all and I was having a hard time with that, so I was feeling better after seeing all of the great things your families did for all of you - there were so many thoughtful things - both in the gifts themselves and how the gifts were presented to you. It's definitely brought back a lot of my usual holiday cheer. I've kind of forgotten about myself which is kind of a relief.

So thank you everyone and I'm going to keep reading - I just wanted to say thanks for all of the overwhelming creativity, and positivity! Truly all are blessed with many great families and wonderful new additions to the Hermes family:love::love::love:.

So far my favorite is the birkin that asa's DD made for her, truly the greatest gifts of all come from children. :heart:

Thank you. :love: I know she worked really hard on it, and I love her to pieces.

Holidays are hard times for many. Wishing you the best for a hopeful new year!

Holidays can be weird like that. I felt like I did everything wrong preparing for xmas, and that I missed a lot of what was going on due to my heavy work schedule. Then my friend was dumped in xmas eve. Since we both are in need of some fun, we are having a girls day out tomorrow to make ourselves feel better. If you can get to California in time, you are welcome to join us! :upsidedown: hugs to you!

Holidays can be weird like that. I felt like I did everything wrong preparing for xmas, and that I missed a lot of what was going on due to my heavy work schedule. Then my friend was dumped in xmas eve. Since we both are in need of some fun, we are having a girls day out tomorrow to make ourselves feel better. If you can get to California in time, you are welcome to join us! :upsidedown: hugs to you!

Dangit, I just came back from there! I had to work yesterday! :tdown: Or...I would have loved to join.
Yes the holidays are definitely weird!! I don't want to make this thread my sob story so we'll just leave it at that - I was feeling bad until I got to see all of these great stories :smile: Now I am feeling a little better and will probably re-read if the bad feelings come back :yes:

Everyone has experienced holidays that were not "Hallmark stamped" if you know what I mean. Hugs to you, know that you're not alone and let's hear it for all the wonderful tPF's who have helped to make you smile.:smile:

If only we could all have the perfect Norman Rockwell Christmas with Martha Stewart over cooking and serving! :biggrin:
Before you know it, Christmas 2008 will be here and there will be another chance to do it again. Until then there's a whole year of surprises to look forward to.
I hope your year brings new joys and prosperity. Especially if it's raisin colored.