I love Damier Ebene, but I also love Rose Ballerine!

msjennymarie

Mar 2, 2013
Hi ladies,

I am itching for a Neverfull MM! This NEEDS to be my LAST purchase for the entire year lol. Bc I've gone a little crazy with 3 CHANEL pieces last year and bought a beautiful Siena PM and a Clemence Mono wallet with Rose Ballerine last month.

I thought I would for sure come home with a NF in DE by now esp since all my other LV bags are DE and I think it complements my style - which is very casual and I like that I don't have to worry about the untreated vachetta. My SA, husband, F&F still think DE looks best on me as well! I love how Mono looks, but I think the Mono just looks 'okay' on me. I was even told that if I got a Mono it would look like I borrowed it from my mother!

But.. I couldn't pull the trigger with the DE bc I keep thinking how lovely the Rose Ballerine looks inside the Mono! Is it silly to buy the Mono just bc I really love the RB interior? I think the interior looks so soft and dreamy! And I like that it's a lighter color compared to the original red interior. It would be my first ever Mono bag. In unsure Or stick with what works best with my style (DE)? Help!

First, I would probably disregard the comment that it would like like you borrowed the mono bag from your mom because thats definitely not true!

Second, I am also a DE girl (I love the androgynous style) and I bought a 2nd neverfull in the Mono and I have to say that I have a hard time using it because of the untreated vachetta. Im just terrified to mess it up! The only other Mono bag I have is the Pochette Metis which has minimal vachetta. I think the biggest factor you should consider is whether you are really okay with the untreated vachetta or not. If you're like me, its probably the biggest hurtle. I don't think its silly to love the mono more because of the RB lining because the red lining is alway what makes me love DE too :smile: Its always the details that make me fall in love :smile:

Good luck deciding!

I was in the same situation a couple days ago! I was going back and forth between the two prints because I love both damier ebene and the rose ballerine interior of the mono. I also have an alma bb and speedy b 25 both in DE! Ultimately I decided to stick with DE despite all my bags having the same print. It just works for my lifestyle and the unpredictable weather where I live.

Also just like you, I have a clemence and the emilie wallet both in monogram rose ballerine. So hopefully that has filled my rose ballerine lust!

I owned a DE NF and it cracked so I bought a Mon Mono NF. I am not a fan of baby pink but I do think the NF looks incredibly nice in mono with the RB lining so that bag gets my vote. Good Luck deciding!

The DE has my vote since it's so carefree and it looks the best on you. I wouldn't pay much attention to the 'you borrowed it from your mom' comment, but I would be concerned about having such a light and delicate colour inside a tote...even the smallest stain or bit of dirt would likely stand out in contrast against the baby pink. You can always get your RB fix from SLGs though,,,

I finally got to use my mono neverful today because it wasn't raining for once and was nice and sunny. I missed using it and even my hubby said, "nice nevderful!" I love mine. You should get one too. And no, it doesn't look like you borrowed from your mother!

If I was in your situation, I would take the mono. I like variation in my collection and as you have several DE pieces, mono would be something different, but has the same color scheme (which would also compliment your style I think). I also love RB but am afraid of color transfer, too. An inside lining seem to be a great alternative to outside material and I bet it always makes you smile when you put something inside ;)

Hi ladies,

I am itching for a Neverfull MM! This NEEDS to be my LAST purchase for the entire year lol. Bc I've gone a little crazy with 3 CHANEL pieces last year and bought a beautiful Siena PM and a Clemence Mono wallet with Rose Ballerine last month.

I thought I would for sure come home with a NF in DE by now esp since all my other LV bags are DE and I think it complements my style - which is very casual and I like that I don't have to worry about the untreated vachetta. My SA, husband, F&F still think DE looks best on me as well! I love how Mono looks, but I think the Mono just looks 'okay' on me. I was even told that if I got a Mono it would look like I borrowed it from my mother!

But.. I couldn't pull the trigger with the DE bc I keep thinking how lovely the Rose Ballerine looks inside the Mono! Is it silly to buy the Mono just bc I really love the RB interior? I think the interior looks so soft and dreamy! And I like that it's a lighter color compared to the original red interior. It would be my first ever Mono bag. In unsure Or stick with what works best with my style (DE)? Help!
Get the Caissa hobo, it's DE print with rose ballerine lining!