Food I love cakes and cupcakes :)

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Hi all!

I usually hang out in the Chanel forum, but I'm currently hungry and decided to come to the Kitchen forum while I wait for DF to cook dinner :P

I LOVE baking cupakes and cakes...I started really getting into fancy cakes last year when I learned how to make fondant from a website. I've considered taking sugar art classes but never have enough time...maybe next year, when school is done. People always tell me if engineering doesn't work out for me, I should consider becoming a baker :biggrin: My dream is to own a cake shop when I retire! :biggrin:

I hope you don't mind me sharing some of my work with you all! :flowers:

This is my most recent piece of work and my first paid job--coworker wanted 100 cupcakes for his wedding and a little cake to cut

Closeup of the little 6" cake on top:

I make all the dots and flowers using rolled fondant

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Back to my very first piece of work...well, first piece that was worthy of being photographed :smile: I made this for my friend's 21st birthday. Cake is vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream with raspberry filling. The bow was really fun to make :smile:

I had to stick cotton balls in the bow loops to that they would stay up:

Last edited:

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Here's a cake that I made for another friend's 21st birthday. I love making the little apple blossoms...they are super easy and the process i very therapeutic. Cake is vanilla with vanilla buttercream and mango filling.

All cakes start off like this:

I must've made close to 200 flowers for this cake:

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
A cake I made for my DF's aunt's birthday. The navy colour took a LOT of black and blue colouring...it made the fondant really dry but it was her favourite colour so I was insistent on making the roses navy.

Cake was chocolate velvet with vanilla buttercream and raspberry filling.

I made the leftover cake batter into mini cupcakes and used leftover rosettes to top them off:

The rosettes were very challenging to make, only because the fondant was so dry from the food colouring.

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Anddddd finally, cupcakes. I love baking these. And I can't stop using the lovely icing tip! The swirls it makes are so amazing. It's probably my most favourite tip ever.

Made these for a baby shower:

Made these for a Breast Cancer Foundation fund raiser...they have cream cheese and chocolate chip filling!

Last edited:

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
And some recent non-cake/cupcake miscellaneous baking...

Chocolate chip cheesecake

Chocolate bundt cake

Mini banana chip muffins

That's it for now....thanks for letting me share!! :biggrin:

Aussiegal

I Heart NY
O.G.
Sep 30, 2008
Down Under
beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!!! you really should be a baker. these cakes look exquisite :drool: I love the gift box one with the bow, kinda reminds me of a Tiffany box :yes::tup:

Hirondelle

O.G.
Jun 10, 2006
Montréal
WOOOOWWWW - you are soooo talented. Amazing ! Can you share the recipe for the cupcakes (details about the frosting+tips included) pretty please, I would love to surprise my loved ones for Christmas ;)

noon

*Sun in my eyes*
O.G.
Apr 1, 2007
by a sand castle
Gorgeous cakes! They look so professional - reminds me of Cake Boss. ^ I too would love if you could share some recipes - but understand if you would prefer not to.

loves

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
very pretty! luckily i don't bake, i love cakes and cookies and i probably will weigh a tonne by now being my one and only customer :smile:

joanniii

O.G.
Oct 28, 2006
Oh my gooodness Karman!
You are such a talented lady!! :nuts: The cakes are absolutely gorgeous and your cupcakes look so delicious I'm literally drooling just staring at my screen LOL!
I luuurve cupcakes too, but I buy them, mainly because I haven't really found a good recipe for the cupcake batter! Would you happen to have a good one to share? :flowers:
Cheers!