I lost my store today...

dlovely51

Oct 25, 2006
I don't know what I did to deserve the year I've had, but after all the work I put in my store, and sacrifices I've had to make, the mall terminated my lease. I am looking at my legal options, and it's taken all day to "bark back" at the leasing person, I'm numb and stayed in bed the whole day to day. I actually got physically ill over this. As I've said before, I have no support, I did this on my own, but now I feel incredibly stupid. Lots of prayers/good thoughts would be appreciated:sad:

awwww sweetie! Im sooo sorry, I know how it feels-my SO's shoe store burnt down and the insurance company totally screwed us. We are taking legal action, but that was almost 3 years ago and...its still not over!
Did they give you a reason why they terminated the lease? It sounds like you have a case on your hands.

I am sorry this is happening to you. Even though everything seems bleak now, hang in there. It is not how u falls that matters but rather how you fight back. Don't let this be the end for you. Another door will open for you and tomorrow will be a brighter day. Be strong and don't dwell on the past.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You are not stupid. Being an entepreneur takes hard work, courage and sacrifices. You were able to do so and that is a great accomplishment for you. You're a smart, hardworking person and YOU'LL RISE AGAIN !

Hey Dlovely,

I'm so sorry to hear what happened. Surely they can' just take your lease away like that?!? Let us know what your attorney says. get a good one. I can't believe that the mall would be able to do this.

Sending u lots of good wishes and vibes.

l;ots of hugs. Bubbles

OMG, I am really sorry to hear about this! I meant to respond to your message and completely forgot. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Thank you!

Like everyone, so sorry to hear this! But what happened, why did they terminate the lease? Perhaps some of the lawyers and business owners on here can help you out, too. Good luck and don't give up!! You are NOT stupid to have done this without help. There is always a lesson to be learned and even if this time it didn't work out, in the future you will know what to avoid and be many times more successful!! Many of the richest people in this world came from nothing and had many downfalls before they "made" it.