I lost my store today...

I'm so sorry...we are all here for you. I hope things work out for you, and get better. I'm sure they will. :flowers: HUGS!
home-naqui.jpg

I'm sorry for your trouble! I know from experience that anytime something like this happens, something even better results from it.
I'm sending best wishes & positive vibes your way.
Keep us informed!

Again,
Thank you ladies for all your good thoughts/prayers. When I posted this, I just got the news and was just overwhelmed with grief and depression. It was 24 hours of pure hell.
All I can say is that personally, there has to be a higher power taking care of me. I basically renegotiated my lease , and I have my store back with minor stipulations.

I canceled my black Friday orders and was in danger of running out of inventory, and a friend that is a buyer was able to pull strings and get me more than I needed. I'm going into the store to work on decorating-unfortunately, with all the drama, I wasn't able to get things the way I wanted.

And this time, I had people in my personal life coming out the wood work to offer a helping hand or support. I've never experienced this kind of support in my life. It got so overwhelming that night and I was so drained, that I had to tell everyone, it's not a good time, and I would talk to them later.

I know this post is long, but I got more out of this now with better terms, than I had before this happened. I'll be back and let you know how my black friday went. I open at 6:00 am:wtf:

Again,
Thank you ladies for all your good thoughts/prayers. When I posted this, I just got the news and was just overwhelmed with grief and depression. It was 24 hours of pure hell.
All I can say is that personally, there has to be a higher power taking care of me. I basically renegotiated my lease , and I have my store back with minor stipulations.

I canceled my black Friday orders and was in danger of running out of inventory, and a friend that is a buyer was able to pull strings and get me more than I needed. I'm going into the store to work on decorating-unfortunately, with all the drama, I wasn't able to get things the way I wanted.

And this time, I had people in my personal life coming out the wood work to offer a helping hand or support. I've never experienced this kind of support in my life. It got so overwhelming that night and I was so drained, that I had to tell everyone, it's not a good time, and I would talk to them later.

I know this post is long, but I got more out of this now with better terms, than I had before this happened. I'll be back and let you know how my black friday went. I open at 6:00 am:wtf:

Wow! Im so happy it worked out for you!!!:nuts::yahoo:

Did they ever give you a reason for pulling this CRAP in the first place??

Wow! Im so happy it worked out for you!!!:nuts::yahoo:

Did they ever give you a reason for pulling this CRAP in the first place??

Evidently, they do this with all the small business people in the mall. 3 small store owners told me they had gone through the same thing. It all boils down to them reneging-either verbally or even in writing with conditions they agree to when you sign your lease.Again, w/out going into details, they can terminate your lease for any reason, and they know as a small retailer, you don't have any immediate recourse.

But I did well my first week, and the location is great, and the rent they charge is below avg. for our area. I'm confident I'll make my sales goals. so besides the crappy management, I just have to make sure I'm always 2 steps ahead of them in case they pull this stuff again.And again, thanks everyone for the encouragement:tup:

That's great news!!!

The management must be idiots! At first I thought they were pulling something on you to get more money out of you, but it sounds like you're new lease is even better!

I'm confused, but happy for you. Good luck!!!

Here's to a great black friday! :tup:

Thanks!! I'm pulling out all the stops!! I f I can survive this week, I can do anything.

I've made my sales campaign to have 30% off all purses from 6:00am to 7:00, 20% 7:01-8:00, and 10% the rest of the day. I also have a local designer that hand makes her jewelry, and she'll be there to talk about her work, and even take orders to make customized jewelry.

I'm making little postcards and will be giving them out to the store campers around 5:00, plus I'll have all about my store and the charities my store donates to. This Black Friday is Breast Cancer(even have breast cancer bags) and a local charity that serves underprivileged youths. So I'm stoked and ready to go:yahoo:. And I found a way to economize without looking cheap. And I'm holding a big official grand opening on Dec. 1.

I want everyone in this mall/community to know I'm here, I offer good products, and I give back to the community, and I'm the kind of person that you'd like to business with over and over again. So Black Friday and Beyond I know I will do well:boxing:

Evidently, they do this with all the small business people in the mall. 3 small store owners told me they had gone through the same thing. It all boils down to them reneging-either verbally or even in writing with conditions they agree to when you sign your lease.Again, w/out going into details, they can terminate your lease for any reason, and they know as a small retailer, you don't have any immediate recourse.

But I did well my first week, and the location is great, and the rent they charge is below avg. for our area. I'm confident I'll make my sales goals. so besides the crappy management, I just have to make sure I'm always 2 steps ahead of them in case they pull this stuff again.And again, thanks everyone for the encouragement:tup:

I know all about this dlovely and feel for you. For some reason, malls do this to their small businesses. My parents had a store in the mall for 6 years and it had consistently won the malls award for "highest sales per square foot". It had beaten so many of the big businesses. Then, the mall came under new management and they decided that they wanted more big name corporations and no more small businesses. Within a 2 year period, all of the small businesses had their leases pulled out from under them. Now the mall is devoid of the "little man" and filled to the brim with big box retailers. It was heartbreaking for my family to see all of their hard work taken away but thankfully, they were able to depend on their other stores. Good luck to you in your new business and hopefully, you won't have to deal with any more issues from mall management!:smile: