I Lost my new Dior bag that cost 4K!

kochupurackal

Nov 23, 2012
Few days ago, I ordered a Dior bag online and i told the seller to send it tracked and signed via fedex. I also told her not to send it via USPS as i always had problems with them and i once lost a bag i bought for 4K. But she send it via USPS and for the worse, she did not insure the item regardless the amount (3K)i paid. I can track though.

I was really excited to see in tracking that the item was already in my country yesterday after customs clearance anh hoping to get it today. Today's tracking was shocking that it said the adress was wrong and the item was redirected (i wonder to where). I panicked and rang the PO people and they said in their system they could see that it was redirected to some other adress. They also said that i may get it somehow. The item was redirected to other adress 6 am today and if it was redirected to my adress, i should have got it by now. But i have not. Now someone might have had my pricey bag for free or if they are honest enough, they might have returned it to the post office. All i can do is sit and wait. Soo sad that the bag was not insured by the seller! I used the same paypal adress i used since 2009 and never changed it so i wonder how it got wrong adress on it. Anyone experienced these problems with USPS international shipping before? Any help will hopefully bring me slight hope of getting it.:crybaby:

Few days ago, I ordered a Dior bag online and i told the seller to send it tracked and signed via fedex. I also told her not to send it via USPS as i always had problems with them and i once lost a bag i bought for 4K. But she send it via USPS and for the worse, she did not insure the item regardless the amount (3K)i paid. I can track though.

I was really excited to see in tracking that the item was already in my country yesterday after customs clearance anh hoping to get it today. Today's tracking was shocking that it said the adress was wrong and the item was redirected (i wonder to where). I panicked and rang the PO people and they said in their system they could see that it was redirected to some other adress. They also said that i may get it somehow. The item was redirected to other adress 6 am today and if it was redirected to my adress, i should have got it by now. But i have not. Now someone might have had my pricey bag for free or if they are honest enough, they might have returned it to the post office. All i can do is sit and wait. Soo sad that the bag was not insured by the seller! I used the same paypal adress i used since 2009 and never changed it so i wonder how it got wrong adress on it. Anyone experienced these problems with USPS international shipping before? Any help will hopefully bring me slight hope of getting it.:crybaby:

sorry to hear that,but i think everything is gonna be alright.
i really dislike international shipping and will try my best to avoid using it.(as long as i can get my dream items in Japan)

i had the same problems last year, i paid shipping fee which insurance is included,but the seller ended up sending the item by shipping method which is cheaper than the fee i paid, and is not insured. i can't track my package and have waited for 2 months. after 2 months,i still didn't get my package and the seller ended up sending me another item.

as for the wrong address issue, i once met the problem,but PO people used to contact me for double checking. so the item still could able to arrive in my arms safely.

you can try to contact the PO people,telling them what the package is, the seller info(if you have) and your address. ask them to check for you NOW before it's getting too late!

YUP!!! USPS is DRAMA! I also told the seller of my bag NOT to send it with USPS and what did she do... Argh people should really try to listen more. The package eventually got delayed, just like my miu miu flats who ALSO got delayed by USPS. I know USPS is crap because my dad always told horror stories about them, and he's a business in logistics.

You may get your bag soon, just maybe not today. Redirection sometimes adds a day or so to the journey. As long as your tracking doesn't show that it has been delivered successfully, then there is no need to worry.

If your bag gets lost or sent to someone else, then file a full charge-back through your credit card as "item not received". It doesn't matter that the bag is not insured, because it doesn't make you liable in any way for the safe arrival of your package. Your seller is responsible for that.

:sad: Sorry OP, I hope it all works out in the end.

But as averagejoe said, if the tracking information doesn't say delivered, file a "did not receive item" case with paypal and you should get your money back.

But I will have to say, USPS is not all that bad. It also depends on the service you use as well. First-class/priority mail international can take FOREVER. As a rule of thumb for me, whenever I have to mail something overseas, I always do USPS express international plus insurance. I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood) and most of my buyers receive their items in 3-4 business days. I recommend USPS over FedEx because of the price difference. USPS express is will cost about $40 to ship a M. Lady Dior while it would cost about $90 for Fedex express. Sometimes the price difference does make a difference to the buyer, so I always give them that option, but I can see how you can be frustrated if you paid for Fedex and the seller shipped it USPS to save money.

But as averagejoe said, if the tracking information doesn't say delivered, file a "did not receive item" case with paypal and you should get your money back.

But I will have to say, USPS is not all that bad. It also depends on the service you use as well. First-class/priority mail international can take FOREVER. As a rule of thumb for me, whenever I have to mail something overseas, I always do USPS express international plus insurance. I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood) and most of my buyers receive their items in 3-4 business days. I recommend USPS over FedEx because of the price difference. USPS express is will cost about $40 to ship a M. Lady Dior while it would cost about $90 for Fedex express. Sometimes the price difference does make a difference to the buyer, so I always give them that option, but I can see how you can be frustrated if you paid for Fedex and the seller shipped it USPS to save money.

Hmmm, I always had problems with USPS every time i used it so last time when i bought a Lady Dior from usa, I used FEDEX for 209 usd and it came to my country on day 3....had update on every single move although seller had to lie about real value of the bag to prevent high taxes, she still managed to insure it for a very high price. Different on this case though that i may loose it this time.

i really dislike international shipping and will try my best to avoid using it.(as long as i can get my dream items in Japan)

i had the same problems last year, i paid shipping fee which insurance is included,but the seller ended up sending the item by shipping method which is cheaper than the fee i paid, and is not insured. i can't track my package and have waited for 2 months. after 2 months,i still didn't get my package and the seller ended up sending me another item.

as for the wrong address issue, i once met the problem,but PO people used to contact me for double checking. so the item still could able to arrive in my arms safely.

you can try to contact the PO people,telling them what the package is, the seller info(if you have) and your address. ask them to check for you NOW before it's getting too late!

Kellyng, I'm glad to hear that you were able to receive a similar item but in my case, Im sure i will not apart from a refund...because the Dior I bought is a limited edition and a very speial thing i was looking for ages. Tough luck if its lost. Seller may give me a refund....but i badly wanted that bag! I rang the PO people and i could hardly talk beause i was panicking.....the package was redirected to a different adress on traking at 6 am and i wanted to make sure it hasnt gone back to the seller or wrong adress. Till now, they were unable to locate where exactly it is. Its always the limited edition Dior i tend to loose...donno why.

You may get your bag soon, just maybe not today. Redirection sometimes adds a day or so to the journey. As long as your tracking doesn't show that it has been delivered successfully, then there is no need to worry.

If your bag gets lost or sent to someone else, then file a full charge-back through your credit card as "item not received". It doesn't matter that the bag is not insured, because it doesn't make you liable in any way for the safe arrival of your package. Your seller is responsible for that.

Your info is really helpful. thank you very much. But i paid with paypal and if someone received it in the wrong adress, it will still show delivered and paypal will take decision on seller's favour. But soo far it just says redirected..I rang them just now to find out that it ended up in the wrong depot. So they said they are redirecting it to my depot. Hopefully will get it 'somehow' as the PO people said. Saying that, when i bought something from USA, with USPS, it came in damaged after a 2 months wait eventhough i paid priority international. Still waiting...will keep you updated.

Late to the party, but I'm glad it all end up well and that you love the bag. :smile:

So happy to hear that it ended well and you have your precious limited bag! :smile:

Phew! What a nice ending to this story :smile:

but I can see how you can be frustrated if you paid for Fedex and the seller shipped it USPS to save money.

YUP!!! USPS is DRAMA! I also told the seller of my bag NOT to send it with USPS and what did she do... Argh people should really try to listen more. The package eventually got delayed, just like my miu miu flats who ALSO got delayed by USPS. I know USPS is crap because my dad always told horror stories about them, and he's a business in logistics.

Hehe im very glad too that i received it at the end...seller said she done the invoice and adress online and she could not change it once it is done and apologised for creating the probs.....im going to reveal it in a new thread so you can all have a guess before i bring it to light. Again thanks to all for your help and support. Have a nice day