"I like the one on the left"

Physicslawyer

Dec 28, 2018
We are traveling, and stopped at a Cracker Barrel in VA for takeout, since we are traveling with our pets and needed something fast.

Inside the store, they have a large merchandise area, that takes up half of the building. They had a tote that was very similar to my Gucci Soho Hobo black bag. I wanted to buy it to hold random items while traveling.

Anyway, I put my Gucci bag on the counter, and the store version on the left . Both are black bags with gold hardware, and a tassel. I wanted to see how silly they would look together.

An associate saw the handbags, and said that she would definitely take the one on the left. She then showed me all of the benefits of the bag. She thought both of them were for sale at the store . The Gucci is 3k, their bag is $39. I thought this was hysterical and had to share.

When I told the woman the one I had was not from the store, and told her what it was, she had not heard of Gucci. She was insistent she would buy the one on the left. To be fair, it had multiple compartments, a built in strap, an attached wallet like the neverfull, and multiple compartments. :smile:

Physicslawyer

Dec 28, 2018
I also love Cracker Barrel on a road trip. I’ll have to keep an eye out for the Gucci dupe... I usually stock up on “road candy” there.

I will actually use the black bag that comes inside of the Cracker Barrel tote to hold things inside the Gucci bag. Right now, I love it so much that I do not want to put in anything that could have a 1% chance of damaging it. The Cracker Barrel small bag is lined and has the faux leather exterior. It's black with gold hardware. So, Gucci bag, YSL wallet, Cracker Barrel makeup bag :smile:

https://shop.crackerbarrel.com/collections/rooster/black-3-in-1-stud-bag/655816

pjhm

Oct 10, 2014
I will actually use the black bag that comes inside of the Cracker Barrel tote to hold things inside the Gucci bag. Right now, I love it so much that I do not want to put in anything that could have a 1% chance of damaging it. The Cracker Barrel small bag is lined and has the faux leather exterior. It's black with gold hardware. So, Gucci bag, YSL wallet, Cracker Barrel makeup bag :smile:

https://shop.crackerbarrel.com/collections/rooster/black-3-in-1-stud-bag/655816
That story is hysterical, thanks for sharing it and the above link to the faux one! The faux would make a great gift! Happy New Year!

Reactions: Physicslawyer