i like patina'd leather! anyone else??

chanellady

Dec 25, 2006
after reading the forums i think i am the only one who actually LIKES the patina'd look of the aged leather! i always thought the creamy white look was kinda out-of-place looking. now i am wondering if i am crazy! anyone else like the tanned leather look on our LVs??

me too :yes: i prefer the rich orangey-tan of vachetta :okay: except on black and white Multicolour and some Vernis. it just doesn't look right to me. as for the rest, i love it! its what makes LV distinct from other brands.

I like it to an extent..I love the look of the brand new clean vachetta and the golden glow after about a year or so, but when it gets super dark...it just looks dirty to me...but pretty!

The only patina'd leather I like is on the Mono pieces. I think it compliments the brown vinyl extremely well. On azur, ehhh, it's ok but I prefer the lighter virgin color on that one.

I used to not like it so much, but now I do! It shows that you've had the bag for a while and has history behind it...looks nice to me.

Black/dirty patina is :yucky:

But yeah, I don't like it on Azur or MC....

patina is great as long as it's even. worst thing that can happen to any bag is when you have the uneven tone once your bag gets rained on. then you see all the little spots like pock marks.

The patina is one of the reasons I buy LV bags. I love it! It's kind of like the bags personal history is captured in the leather. It's weird, but the new leather looks so ugly to me and I don't know why. It just looks....well, sick. :confused1:

Yes! I like it too. Especially when it is even with its honey-coloured tone.
But I don't like when it is too much, and is even considered dirty.
Ex. A vintage Mono Speedy 25
Lv_speedy.JPG

5a_2.JPG
< - This is what I prefer :smile:

I love the patina on the mono bags. I have a batignolles horizontal that is getting patina now and I love it. I have a Damier Ebene Speedy and I love that bag also, but I find that I still want a mono Speedy because I love how the bag looks when it gets that well loved look with patina. I think the honey patina is perfect with the brown canvas, that's what I love about the LV bags. A very rich look, in my opinion.

Yes! I like it too. Especially when it is even with its honey-coloured tone.
But I don't like when it is too much, and is even considered dirty.
Ex. A vintage Mono Speedy 25
Lv_speedy.JPG

5a_2.JPG
< - This is what I prefer :smile:

I agree. That poor vintage Speedy look like she was "rode hard and put away wet"! That's not patina, that's grime!!!