i like patina'd leather! anyone else??

chanellady

Dec 25, 2006
after reading the forums i think i am the only one who actually LIKES the patina'd look of the aged leather! i always thought the creamy white look was kinda out-of-place looking. now i am wondering if i am crazy! anyone else like the tanned leather look on our LVs??

deluxeduck

oui, Louis!
O.G.
May 15, 2006
Canberra, Australia
me too :yes: i prefer the rich orangey-tan of vachetta :okay: except on black and white Multicolour and some Vernis. it just doesn't look right to me. as for the rest, i love it! its what makes LV distinct from other brands.

baglover1973

miss my frank <3
O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I like it to an extent..I love the look of the brand new clean vachetta and the golden glow after about a year or so, but when it gets super dark...it just looks dirty to me...but pretty!

mesolovely

O.G.
Jun 29, 2008
Dallas, TX
The only patina'd leather I like is on the Mono pieces. I think it compliments the brown vinyl extremely well. On azur, ehhh, it's ok but I prefer the lighter virgin color on that one.

bernz84

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
I used to not like it so much, but now I do! It shows that you've had the bag for a while and has history behind it...looks nice to me.

Black/dirty patina is :yucky:

But yeah, I don't like it on Azur or MC....

SweetPurple

Aug 13, 2007
I love it when it's golden honey and evenly patina'd. I don't like it when it's blackish and dirty looking.

Dec 21, 2006
Beaumont, TX
The patina is one of the reasons I buy LV bags. I love it! It's kind of like the bags personal history is captured in the leather. It's weird, but the new leather looks so ugly to me and I don't know why. It just looks....well, sick. :confused1:

mikatee

May 25, 2008
Yes! I like it too. Especially when it is even with its honey-coloured tone.
But I don't like when it is too much, and is even considered dirty.
Ex. A vintage Mono Speedy 25

< - This is what I prefer :smile:

Chanticleer

LV=My Bliss
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Chesapeake Bay country
I love the patina on the mono bags. I have a batignolles horizontal that is getting patina now and I love it. I have a Damier Ebene Speedy and I love that bag also, but I find that I still want a mono Speedy because I love how the bag looks when it gets that well loved look with patina. I think the honey patina is perfect with the brown canvas, that's what I love about the LV bags. A very rich look, in my opinion.

Chanticleer

LV=My Bliss
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Chesapeake Bay country
Yes! I like it too. Especially when it is even with its honey-coloured tone.
But I don't like when it is too much, and is even considered dirty.
Ex. A vintage Mono Speedy 25

< - This is what I prefer :smile:
I agree. That poor vintage Speedy look like she was "rode hard and put away wet"! That's not patina, that's grime!!!