i like marc Jacobs bag with shiny gold hardware. what about you?

I like both...although, all of my bags have the silver hardware, while my zip clutch has gold. I think it is interesting how the different colored hardware can give two fairly similar colors (new petrol and peacock, for instance) a completely different look.

Interesting!
I prefer the antiqued or brush finishes, then the silver. Shiny gold okay in small doses like ZCs.

I passed my lrg cocoa MP to my sis because I couldn't deal with all the shiny gold.

^ i agree. i think i prefer the silver hardware, but the gold looks great on my chestnut hudson. i like the antique gold too. i thought they gave the original stam some character. the shinier hardware that came out in subsequent years looked a little too "bling" for me.

I definitely prefer the nickel. And I liked the 05 stams with antiqued gold h/w better than the current ones. But today I saw a tapioca blake IRL and it wasn't as "blingy" as I thought it would be. I thought it was actually pretty stunning. Maybe because it's one of the simpler styles? Because of this sighting I think I may go for a bone blake this fall.