I like courtenay except....

I'm in the minority here, but I think the strap is very similar to a strap Dooney does from time to time. My Nile medium hobo had this type of strap and I loved it! Coach was not as successful at getting the leather to lay flat, but I'll give them points for trying. The strap looks better on the shoulder than it does when you set the bag down--that's when the loops show up.

I feel like the loops are getting flatter the more I carry the bag. It's just like anything it has to get broken in. I love the Courtenay, getting my second one this weekend with pce.

I like tat it allowed for adjusting, and I'm glad to hear it does break in. It's on my short list for tomorrow, but I also need to test drive the Romy.

I actually like the courtenay because of the shoulder strap loops. I think it gives it more detail and design v/s a plain strap. The Isabelle only has the loop on one side and I always face that side forward b/c I think it is so pretty. I wish it was on both sides :biggrin:

I'm in the minority here, but I think the strap is very similar to a strap Dooney does from time to time. My Nile medium hobo had this type of strap and I loved it! Coach was not as successful at getting the leather to lay flat, but I'll give them points for trying. The strap looks better on the shoulder than it does when you set the bag down--that's when the loops show up.

That's exactly what it's like, I didn't even thinkg of that until you said it! I love some of the Dooney bags, and the Courtenay straps don't bother me much, though I do wish the loops did stay flatter. Coach could have modified the buckle part to make it work better.

I like tat it allowed for adjusting, and I'm glad to hear it does break in. It's on my short list for tomorrow, but I also need to test drive the Romy.

I don't think those loops are adjustable...at least they aren't on the "new" Willis. I don't really think they add anything, esp since they are non functioning...(at least, I think so)

I don't think those loops are adjustable...at least they aren't on the "new" Willis. I don't really think they add anything, esp since they are non functioning...(at least, I think so)

This is the description for the Courtenay from coach.com:

A modern, structured hobo with tailored lines and a sumptuous slouch, this versatile new design is crafted in rich, glove-tanned leather with iconic turnlock hardware. Two straps allow it to be worn over the shoulder or as a crossbody; both are adjustable for a custom fit.

Looks like it might adjust
photojan17215634.png

Looks like it, and you can unbuckle them, but the loops are sewn shut. Seems a shame, but that smaller strap is not adjustable. At least it isn't on the pilot bag I got.

My smaller strap is adjustable. There are 3 holes on each side and I don't think it makes much difference but it is indeed adjustable! :smile: and the loops DO bothe me! But not enough to not love her to death! Still my fave! :smile::smile: but they are obnoxious that they will not lay flat ;)

My smaller strap is adjustable. There are 3 holes on each side and I don't think it makes much difference but it is indeed adjustable! :smile: and the loops DO bothe me! But not enough to not love her to death! Still my fave! :smile::smile: but they are obnoxious that they will not lay flat ;)

I have been carrying my Courtenay for almost a month now, and the loops are getting flatter, I think as they soften up they will be just fine. Mine are adjustable, I moved them to the last hole.