I know this sounds extremely snotty and materialistic..

If you have awareness, then your appreciation of the ability to choose is not at all snotty or materialistic.

I choose to donate money, time and items to charities throughout the year. I also choose to spend my "mad money" on handbags and I do so without feeling guilt or shame.

You have a great weekend too! :yes:

Addicted: I agree that's a great balance and probably why I won't allow myself to "afford" premium top of the line bags :P Heck, I've got several decades of my life to graduate to that level :yes: Hopefully I can join you ladies there sooner rather than later :cool:

I gave a handbag of mine to a friend because I didn't use it, and it really reminded me of her. (Brighton, but a cute one!) She has never spent more than $10 on a bag and doesn't have any extra $$$ to spend on herself ever. She was carrying it today and telling me how much she loved it and enjoyed having something nice to use. It made my day. I realize it's not food, etc., but having something that I can give someone who truly enjoys it is a great feeling for me.

I have all sorts of bags and theorectically started the "mad" addiction about two years ago, that's when I bought a gold Juicy Coutour hobo on sale at Saks for 250 dollars. Up to that point I had Coaches. JC catapulted me towards the no end zone. Next I bought three Prada's on Ebay, then a Gucci (probably fake), then a limited addition IF tapestry hobo, then a Ferrigamo, followed with two Valentino's and now another Prada. I love an eclectic collection one that will fit my mood or outfit for the day.

Recently my niece was telling me that she wants nothing but Juicy Coutour stuff (she's going to be twelve). Her mother reminds the kid that JC purses are too expensive to purchase. Hey wait I'm thinking.......I have that gold hobo and it is too small for me really.........plus the gold was wearing off somewhat so I thought what the heck, give to the kid.

You would have thought my dear niece received a winning lotto ticket, she was so happy. I was so happy!! I think the buzz was more intense than a new purse. So AP your point is percise. Giving a purse away to someone who appreciates it is a real high.:wlae:

Not snotty at all, life is too short to deprive ourselves as long as we're not hurting anyone else in the process, and it does sound like you are definitely empathetic towards others with less.....now, snotty would be going "Na na na na na! I have a Chanel and you don't!!! to someone

LOL:P

The only people who would say that is snotty are those that can't do it...and, I think that most of us here on this board can absolutely appreciate this wonderful facet of our lives!! I'm sure everyone here tones down other aspects of their lives/shopping habits in order to keep up this rather expensive 'collection'...:idea: