I know this girl in CA who....

Crysty

Jan 16, 2007
Okay gals, real quick, listen to this....

...a seemingly fashionably-conscious sales rep (mid-20's) just came into my office, as she does every month, has for 2 yrs now, making small talk. We're catching up on this and that and we get into Christmas and what everybody is asking for, etc.....So I mention that I have a Coach addiction and glance at my purse-baby on the floor next to me AND OMG GET THIS...she goes "I know how you can get some good knockoffs from this girl in CA" My jaw drops -- I'm speechless, and she notices. Then she rambles on about how cheap they are but how good quality they are (at this point she realizes I'm not into that sort of thing) and they are recent, they look just like the ones they have in the mall right now, OMG. So then the conversation quickly ends and she leaves. Whew. Glad that's over. I felt like I was getting into some strange underworld of crime just listening to her. It was like a drug deal or something.
:sweatdrop:

Crysty,

OMG, that's awful. I always wonder who buys fake stuff. It does sound like a weird situation.

You should read in the Coach shopping forum this girl saw a vendor selling fake bags at a mall and she's in contact with the cops. I am so proud of her, that is the right thing to do. I am always flagging the fake bags on my local Craigslist, just doing my part to make sure that those who cannot differentiate real from fake bags do not get conned into buying one.

:wtf:

It bugs the crap out of me when people buy fakes. I'm starting to get to the point where I will just downright tell someone who buys them how I feel.

Two girls I work with buy fakes and one of them told me she spent almost $100 on a fake holiday patchwork bag. OH MY GOD JUST SAVE MORE MONEY AND GET A REAL BAG. :lecture:

Dang, I shoulda seen that one coming. I was hoping you were gonna share with us that your co-worker had hookups to get the Real Deal direct for a huge discount. BOOO!! :tdown:

i live in ca and the knock offs are horrible still..

some of the really good ones look like the real thing. ive seen a really good carly but the fake will still cost about 100-150.. might as well just buy the real thing.

i hate knock offs.. makes it hard for me to find a used gucci hobo.

There are SO many fakes out there (available at $30 in China, i hear) that it devalues the real ones that are out there. Some styles of bags are difficult to obtain- but I guess not if they are fakes. Then there are people who can't even tell the difference between the fakes and the real ones when they see you, me, and frauds walking around carrying Coach (or Goach) bags. It totally frustrates me when I spend a good amount of hard earned money for the real deal and some fraud spends 30% of that cost for a knockoff. Talk about the weakening of the U.S. Dollar....

I just don't get it. The Fake ones are nearly as expensive as the Real Deal. Also, Coach makes a wide array of items in ALL price ranges, so why not just buy Authentic? Or save enough to buy 2 Fakes and buy 1 Authentic item instead? At least it'll be Authentic and not a Fake! I will never understand it! :cursing:

Ugh that happened to be at Baja Fresh once!!
I go up to place my order and the girl is like "Oh I like your bag. Is it real?" It's the Small Signature Tote (and has my initials on it!!!).
I was like "No" in my most insulted tone.
Then she goes "OMG my mom got me a fake last Christmas (ie I'd be insulted) from such and such if you like Coach you should go there they have amazing fakes!" I was like "Oh I don't like fakes" lol
SHUT DOWN lol

I tell you this:
When I was living in South America a friend gave me for my birthday a fake coach bag. I knew it was fake but I was thinking it was the most beautiful thing in the world. I remember myself going to the parties, etc, with my fake bag and I was so proud! Just because I was thinking the real ones was maybe super expensive and to be honest I think that everybody in my country (Colombia) wear only fake bags...
For me the bag was so beautiful that I was thinking that it had an amazing quality... just because it was the most beautiful bag that my eyes saw ever...
So, I came to this wonderful country and just now, I can say that I have a real coach bag and of course it is another different thing.
The funny thing is that besides the fake Coach I had a Louis Vuitton, a Guccy and a Guccy wallet... all them fake. Last night I was cleaning my closet and I found the wallet and I was thinking about how stupid me thinking that it was super beautiful... and fancy! ha ha ha.
Right now honestly if I need to wear a fake bag I will tell you that I prefer just don't wear nothing. It looks ridiculous...

Once again... sorry for my english. I learn a lot reading all your messages!