I know the infamous Rolls Royce is a very old topic BUT...

poojles

Nov 7, 2010
Hi, I'm new to purse forum so I hope people will indulge me if I raise a topic about a Marc Jacobs bag from a past season!

I've owned mostly Prada bags for over a decade and have always been pretty dedicated to that brand, but when the Marc Jacobs Fall 2008 collection came out, it really grabbed my attention. I loved many of the bags from that collection and have since started to look for other Marc Jacobs bags from previous seasons, so I've had to trawl ebay in the hope of finding the bags I want.

One of the bags I managed to get hold of on the tail end of Fall 2008 was the grey Rolls Royce leather clutch. I managed to pick it up at the Harvey Nichols winter sale in London that year. However, I'm not a 'clutch' bag sort of a girl and I found carrying a bag without a strap a bit of a handful! So I sold the bag on ebay. I've since regretted it though as I loved the quirky-ness of that design and have since been searching for the Cadillac version as it had a strap. But I have never seen one on ebay or any online store and am wondering if they were a figment of my imagination??!!

So my question is... (sorry for being so LONG winded!)... did anyone actually buy one? I gather from previous forum posts they weren't the most popular of Marc Jacobs bags and can they post some pictures of one in the flesh (or leather as it were!). Did they ever come up for sale on ebay?

Thanks in advance, any info. welcome.

Oh good, well at least I know I am not beginning to imagine things. I will keep searching then. I'm really sorry to hear I missed one on ebay, as I search practically ever day, so I can't have missed it by very long. What a shame! Thanks again.

I think this is what your talking about:

http://www.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/marc-jacobs-rolls-royce-fold-over-clutch.html

attachment.php

Good Luck! I hope you find it! (and in great condition too)

Attachments

• marc-jacobs-rolls-royce-fold-over-clutch.jpg
    marc-jacobs-rolls-royce-fold-over-clutch.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 454
i've seen the bag you're referring to, but only once, and in ostrich. i'm not entirely sure it was available in calf leather. here are the pictures i could find of it:

14.jpg

or_0420a9a912200154537214.jpg

you might be able to score one on ebay, but it's a fairly rare bag. it'll take lots of searching and patience, but i hope you find one!

I think this is what your talking about:

http://www.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/marc-jacobs-rolls-royce-fold-over-clutch.html

attachment.php

Good Luck! I hope you find it! (and in great condition too)

Thanks for posting the image. Yes, that's the exact one I bought and then sold. I wish I had kept it, because I purchased it for much less than they sell for on ebay now. I saw one on yoox only last week, but it was also over priced. I hesitated and then it was gone.

Will I ever learn to stop doing a knee jerk reaction with a bag and instead of taking my time to decide whether I should keep it, go straight to listing it on ebay. I must stop doing that!

i've seen the bag you're referring to, but only once, and in ostrich. i'm not entirely sure it was available in calf leather. here are the pictures i could find of it:

images.nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/2008/fall/main/newyork/details/marcjacobs/images/14.jpg

handbag.com/cm/handbaguk/images/tz/or_0420a9a912200154537214.jpg

you might be able to score one on ebay, but it's a fairly rare bag. it'll take lots of searching and patience, but i hope you find one!

Many thanks to you also for posting those images. It's very good of you and angelnyc89 to take the time to search for them.

I haven't ever bought ostrich leather, nor bought a bag in this pale shell colour, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try in order to get hold of this particular bag as I love the unusual design. However, I doubt my budget would stretch to Ostrich! I am sure you are right though, I have a feeling it wasn't made in calf leather. Your pictures have jogged my memory and I think these are the only images I have seen of this model as well. I'd better keep an eye out for the grey rolls royce leather version again instead.

Thanks!

I, too, owned the Grey Rolls Royce briefly but sold it on eBay without ever carrying it and now regret it. It's GORGEOUS and, to me, was the perfect size as a shoulder bag but bigger than anything I'd ever carry as a clutch. Perhaps you'll find one at a reasonable price again on eBay...you could always add a shoulder strap to make it more functional!

I, too, owned the Grey Rolls Royce briefly but sold it on eBay without ever carrying it and now regret it. It's GORGEOUS and, to me, was the perfect size as a shoulder bag but bigger than anything I'd ever carry as a clutch. Perhaps you'll find one at a reasonable price again on eBay...you could always add a shoulder strap to make it more functional!

Well it is good to know that I am not the only person who auctions bags on ebay and then lives to regret it. I am going to think twice next time. How funny to think I might have purchased yours! Sorry I missed that one.

^^I think it's fair to say that everyone has sold way below their anticipated price and then wound up regretting it. I had a chance to grab this bag during Saks' crazy '08 sale but wasn't a clutch gal at the time either.

I saw one a few weeks ago on bluefly but looks like someone purchased it. Will keep my eyes opened for you.

^^I think it's fair to say that everyone has sold way below their anticipated price and then wound up regretting it. I had a chance to grab this bag during Saks' crazy '08 sale but wasn't a clutch gal at the time either.

I saw one a few weeks ago on bluefly but looks like someone purchased it. Will keep my eyes opened for you.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Actually, I saw one at my local Saks right before Thanksgiving. I couldn't believe my eyes, since I thought it was a pretty old bag. I think the tag's MSRP/sale price was marked at $499, but I could have been wrong since I wasn't looking at it too closely. There might have been an additional percentage off, as well. If anyone's interested in where I saw it, PM me.