I know nothing about Miu Miu but I LOVE this bag...help!

ahs483

Jun 17, 2006
Hey ladies! I am an LV girl but I've always like the style and designs from miu miu. I was looking on their website and FELL IN LOVE with their "vitello lux hobo" in denim blue. Several questions:
1) how accesible are miu mius to buy?
2) anyone have modeling pics of this bag?
3) how is the quality of miu miu?
4) best place to buy a miu miu?

any other info would be appreciated!! thanks!

dotty8

O.G.
Feb 9, 2011
Hi :smile:
Which hobo did you have in mind? This one? This style is called Coffer bag and is very popular: http://www.miumiu.com/en/US/e-store/dep/handbags/cat/all/mat/all/col/all/RR1300_QI9_F0E93

You can see the prices on their web-site.. the best place to buy Miu mius is probably still the official Miu miu boutique, as the e-store is rather new and I heard girls have had some problems with purchases there :smile:.

There are some modelling pictures of Coffers in this forum, eg. here: http://forum.purseblog.com/miu-miu/my-coffer-has-arrived-654006-2.html This is the large Coffer, there are smaller sized ones as well.

ahs483

Jun 17, 2006
the link you have posted states the coffer bag is the MATELASSÉ HOBO BAG unless I am not seeing where it says vitello lux

"HOBO
SHINY CALF MATELASSÉ HOBO BAG
BRAIDED HANDLE
POLISHED BRASS HARDWARE
DETACHABLE SHOULDER STRAP
FLAP CLOSURE WITH MIU MIU LOCK
KEYCHAIN FOR LOCK
INSIDE POCKET WITH ZIPPER
METAL LETTERING LOGO ON OUTSIDE
COTTON SATIN LINING"

dotty8

O.G.
Feb 9, 2011
That's the name of the material.. 'vitello lux' is Italian for shiny calf leather ;) Vitello means calf and lux/lucido means shiny.

And the word 'Matelasse' refers to the style of this leather (or any other kind of leather, they have also nappa matelasse) - this means that the leather is braided, quilted :smile:

This goes for the accessories as well, eg. wallets: http://www.miumiu.com/it/IT/e-store/dep/accessories/cat/all/mat/all/col/all/5M1183_QI9_F0F24 (vitello lucido (which is the same as vitello lux) in matelasse style)

The hobo you are searching for is also in vitello lux material (but it's plain leather, not braided of course). Both coffer and your hobo bag are shiny calf leather (vitello lux).

I hope you find what you are looking for :smile:

ahs483

Jun 17, 2006
I see. I understand what you are saying and thank you for informing me, but I still see nothing about the bag I am talking about being "matelasse". And since the bag I am talking about (the link I posted) is not braided or quilted leather, that would make sense that it would not be stated as matelasse. All I see is that it says it is the vitello lux hobo bag.

anyways, any one else have pics of the big in real life? it would be very helpful!! thanks!!

dotty8

O.G.
Feb 9, 2011
Yes, of course, the bag you posted is not Matelasse, it's just plain vitello lux :smile:.
I just guessed you were talking about the Coffer bag when you said 'vitello lux hobo' in your first post, because the Coffer is one of the most famous Miu miu bags :P. And I presumed from the title of your thread that you are not familiar with the names of Miu miu bags and that you don't know the name 'Coffer' so it would be possible that you were talking about Coffer (because it is hobo and vitello lux).

I just wanted to help :flowers:.. but unfortunately I don't know much about the bag you posted above so let's hope some other tpf-ers can help.