I Keep Ruining My Rag and Bone!

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
CA
I have several different brands of jeans and only the R&B need air dry. I keep forgetting to check the batch I throw in the dryer and have ruined 3 pairs! It takes them down a size which wouldn't be a problem except I gained some weight and can't wear the dried jeans. Am I the only idiot out there? Just whining, thanks for listening!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
:sad:
I don't throw any of my jeans in the dryer except a pair of boyfriend fit Gap jeans.
When mine are dry, I throw them in to soften them up/remove wrinkles for about 10 minutes in another load.

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
I check everything before I throw it in the dryer. Usually there are yoga pants in the load and those need to be air dried. I never know how many pairs of yoga pants there are, so I go through everything as it comes out of the washer. It doesn't take that long, but I have a top load washer so it's easier to see and handle everything.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Mine is a front loader and I do same, don't want Lulu, bras, panties, etc. . . to get put in dryer!

oachcay

Jun 8, 2011
I've done the same with a favorite madewell sweater. Now my little one has a very lovely sweater dress!! I'm the worst at pulling things out to air dry. I always seem to miss something.

Reactions: dotty8

renza

O.G.
Jan 3, 2009
I have done this not with jeans but last week with a viscose J.Crew dress. :sad: I don't have my own washer/dryer, sadly, and the communal ones I use always leave my darks with white crap on them (don't know what it is, not kleenex or detergent since I don't have this problem with other loads). To get rid of the white stuff, I have to toss the darks into the dryer for a few minutes. Well I did this last week thinking that it wouldn't be a problem for 10 minutes on delicate but this dress became a shirt. :cursing: I feel your pain!

As for your jeans, have you maybe tried washing them again and them putting them on when wet to stretch them back out? I hope you can salvage them somehow.

Mariapia

Feb 21, 2012
France
I always air dry my jeans.
But if the waist is now too small, what you can do is put your jeans in the washing machine, use a clothes line, put a clothes peg at one end of the waist, stretch the waist as much as possible and put the second peg at the other end.
You can also put a clothes hanger inside the jeans hips to stretch them out.
Both work! I have done it a lot of times when my already too right jeans stretched in after a wash...

bugsy2085

Jan 22, 2014
My rag and bones stretch a ton after I take them out of drier though... Unusually force them onto myself and hang out around the house for a few hours with them unbuttoned and they stretch back out. The "plush" ones always end up getting saggy on the butt after 2 wears even though they come out skin tight.

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
CA
I washed them all and air dried but they are not dry yet. I will wiggle into them and see if they stretch out. I yanked on the waists as I hung them to dry. Crossed fingers.

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
CA
I tried them on and they fit again! I yanked and yanked on the waists while they were wet and I guess it worked. Yay!