I just wona bid on a house and a co-worker congratulated me befroe I even told her ??

Yeah I agree, she was just mad because she wanted to eavsdrop. Sometimes I wish I knew spanish or another language so I could talk without other people hearing, but I am a private person. I would just ignore her and she will most likely move on to bothering someone else.
Congrats on the new house though!:yahoo:

Congrats on the house :yahoo:

your co-worker as its been said is probably just jealous of your sucess in finding a house.

Im shocked and appald that she would telling you to speaking fing english :wtf:

I will admit I have done it but only in a group of friends and when its not a private matter :yes:

I do like Cals suggestion though :roflmfao:

oh and if she does it again I would probably swear in spanish and call her a not so nice name to her face and try to see her figure it out

Congrats on the house :yahoo:

your co-worker as its been said is probably just jealous of your sucess in finding a house.

Im shocked and appald that she would telling you to speaking fing english :wtf:

I will admit I have done it but only in a group of friends and when its not a private matter :yes:

I do like Cals suggestion though :roflmfao:

oh and if she does it again I would probably swear in spanish and call her a not so nice name to her face and try to see her figure it out

LOL ... nice suggestion .. i might follow it .!! thank u for all the nice suggestiosn and advise and wished on the house .. maybe I can have little nj purseforum party one day .. :smile:

Congratulations on you first house.
You co-worker sound like a toxic person, stay your distance. I would continue to talk in Spanish to my friends and husband--it is none of her business. She's mad because she can't hear what you are saying.:crybaby:

Congratulations on you first house.
You co-worker sound like a toxic person, stay your distance. I would continue to talk in Spanish to my friends and husband--it is none of her business. She's mad because she can't hear what you are saying.:crybaby:Too bad for her.
It is strange how she would know about the house. I would ask your realtor about that. To me there should be some privacy for information and not disclosed. So he should not have anyone.
Good luck with things.

Regarding the info on how she knew your bid won - - -

When a real estate agent refers another agent, the original gets a referral fee if the deal goes through.

The first agent usually stays right on top of transactions that may get him/her a referral fee. This is very common.

The original agent should not have told your co-worker. I would hate agents blabbing my news all over heck and back. But there's no regulations about this so it happens.

I agree with all the others: avoid your crazy co-worker and talk Spanish whenever you like. If she keeps swearing at you, you might ask the boss to tell her to clean up her mouth.

ITA it was completely inappropriate of the realtor(s) to disclose anything to your co-worker. There may not be regulations about it, but it's just poor business ethics.

Secondly, steer clear of that co-worker TOXIC ALERT!! She's just jealous and looking for attention. Don't let on that anything she does might possibly bother you. If she persists with the Spanish/English thing, report it to your manager.

Most of all...congrats on your house!!

ITA it was completely inappropriate of the realtor(s) to disclose anything to your co-worker. There may not be regulations about it, but it's just poor business ethics.

Secondly, steer clear of that co-worker TOXIC ALERT!! She's just jealous and looking for attention. Don't let on that anything she does might possibly bother you. If she persists with the Spanish/English thing, report it to your manager.

Most of all...congrats on your house!!

ITA with this! :yes: I'm a very private person myself and can not stand nosy people. I am also not nosy at all. Don't tell her anything else about the house--when you move in or anything.
Next time you should curse her out in Spanish to her face..all of the while you should have a big smile on your face....LOL. You will probably feel better....LOL..and she won't know the difference. Just do that everytime she makes a smart remark to you....LOL (JOKING...of course).

i'd ask your realtor, how she had this information before you came to work. it came from him somehow, or if the other realtor was nosing around...he should be made aware of it.

i would politely tell him that you don't want her to have any more information about you, personal or otherwise. i am sure he will understand and respect your wishes. he works for you, and his comission is based upon your purchase.

congrats!

Congratulations on your new home! Our first house purchase was the most exciting event of my life!

As for your co-worker, well, she doesn't seem to have good manners or good sense. Definately a person to be cordial to, but not invest any time or energy in worrying about her.

I suspect that her agent friend had immediate access to this information b/c of some insider real estate computer network, but I don't really know...just a guess.

At any rate, the whole "spilling of the beans" was unprofessional.

1. Congrats on the new house! YAY for you!

2. The nerve of that cow to tell you what language to speak to your friends and family just so she can overhear you conversation!??! WTF? You have way more strength of character than I do because I would have cursed her out & told HR on her for such a derogatory remark!

Ask Mark how Kerry got that information, and then maybe place a call to Kerry saying how you really don't appreciate her giving your personal information out to coworkers? That's got to be some type of ethics violation. I mean what else is she giving out-your credit rating? Your downpayment amount? Your salary?

Maybe the next time your coworker starts getting nosy, you can make a joke out of it. "Wow, you sure know a lot about me? Am I going to need a restraining order soon. You're not going to boil my pet rabbit, are you?" or "You know so much about me, I feel like I have my very own fan club."

If you say something like that in front of other people maybe it will embarrass her enough to get her to stop.

Congratulations on the house!!! SO exciting!

My sympathies on the co-worker. :P She sounds like a real pill. Take the high road and find ways to put her in her place without appearing rude... it works. I like the idea of taking her stapler, etc. too. haha!!

I used to work in a bank when I lived in Texas and most of my coworkers spoke Spanish. There were two of them in particular that would only speak Spanish when they would converse and ESPECIALLY when they were taking about ME! :rolleyes: For whatever reason, they didn't like me and would constantly make fun of me -- made fun of my clothes, my make-up, my family, my conversations with customers (after the customer was gone), and other things.

What they did NOT know was that I understood almost every word they ever said! :graucho: When I left, I really really really enjoyed telling them goodbye -- at length -- in Spanish. The looks on their faces were priceless! :wtf:

(Obviously your coworker doesn't speak it though so no worries. heh)

did you ever think mark may have called and thanked her for the referral that got him a sale? or maybe he sent her flowers with a thank you? if you have private personal business to discuss i suggest you take it someplace private. her comment is nothing short of ridiculous but your response after she tried to help you is rather childish. you were doing private business on company time should you be fired? just as ridiculous as making such a big deal about the congrat.

did you ever think mark may have called and thanked her for the referral that got him a sale? or maybe he sent her flowers with a thank you? if you have private personal business to discuss i suggest you take it someplace private. her comment is nothing short of ridiculous but your response after she tried to help you is rather childish. you were doing private business on company time should you be fired? just as ridiculous as making such a big deal about the congrat.

i've bought homes on company time, my husband is sealing a deal right now from the office. but i don't remember taking coffee breaks, or god forbid a cigarette break...so as long as you are mindful of your time..firing seems extreme.

i think your coworker is a nose, and she should have mentioned how she got this information. just file it away and ignore her.

congrats again!