I just won this on ebay! So excited!!! Ink Thompson hobo

Jul 25, 2007
I have been STALKING these bags for the past two -three months, and I know its going to be huge on me, but I can handle the large bags as long as they are not bulky too, so hopefully this will work out. Plus it looks like it slouches a bit on top so that should help. I know some of you have this bag, so please tell me all good things about it!!! This is the best price I've seen on it - $270 w/free shipping. I know they were less at the outlets, if you could find them, so I guess I paid maybe $100 more - not too bad. Plus the ink color seems to be the hardest to find. I will post pics when it comes but here is the auction pic.

Attachments

• ink thompson hobo.jpg
    ink thompson hobo.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 198
Ok, I'm totally confused, lol....it doesn't take a lot to confuse me!! I thought you had decided this bag was too big?? I can't keep up, lol, and anyway, it doesn't matter. CONGRATS!! I hope you like yours better than I do mine. It's a fabulous bag, but just totally overwhelming on me. Unfortunately, mine never slouched the way I thought it would (was told by the SAs it would), but the Juliette I've been able to deal with because the woven leather does make it slouch tremendously. However, I do find the strap too long on that bag. For some reason I don't do the really large hobo style bags as well as large totes/satchels. Not sure what my problem is! Anyway, I don't think the price is bad considering I got mine on PCE last Dec., lol! I think you scored a great deal, and I hope you LOVE it!!

Oh, I don't want to confuse the issue, so I should also say that the leather version like you just bought has an adjustable strap (unlike the Juliette), so maybe that will help. I did keep mine because I love the design and leather, but I just don't think I pull it or the Elisa off very well.

I noticed that Bunny's ivory bag slouched very nicely on her - it does slouch.
Bag Lady - I am suprised the Juliette slouched - they had a silver metallic one at the outlet - I almost bought it but the woven leather did not seem to be sloucing for me - maybe I should have bought it and tried it out.

I almost bought this bag at the outlet a few months ago until member purpleoscuro's bag like this frayed on the leather loops, also crazy4coachbags did, too. (I hope I spelled their ID's right) Nevertheless, congrats, maybe yours will be perfect!

Ok, I'm totally confused, lol....it doesn't take a lot to confuse me!! I thought you had decided this bag was too big?? I can't keep up, lol, and anyway, it doesn't matter. CONGRATS!! I hope you like yours better than I do mine. It's a fabulous bag, but just totally overwhelming on me. Unfortunately, mine never slouched the way I thought it would (was told by the SAs it would), but the Juliette I've been able to deal with because the woven leather does make it slouch tremendously. However, I do find the strap too long on that bag. For some reason I don't do the really large hobo style bags as well as large totes/satchels. Not sure what my problem is! Anyway, I don't think the price is bad considering I got mine on PCE last Dec., lol! I think you scored a great deal, and I hope you LOVE it!!

Nope you are absolutely correct! I totally decided its too big for me, but I just cant stop looking for them, so I figure what the hell - I found a good price and I'm going to give it a try!!!! Its NWT so Im sure I can resell it if its really too big, but its just one of those things that I cant get out of my head so I have to give it a shot. I sold my Julia, but I still wanted something like it with the detailing, so this is my next best shot at these bags. If it doesnt work, I have my Thompson top handle satchel I'll be done w/this line for good!

I almost bought this bag at the outlet a few months ago until member purpleoscuro's bag like this frayed on the leather loops, also crazy4coachbags did, too. (I hope I spelled their ID's right) Nevertheless, congrats, maybe yours will be perfect!

Hopefully it'll be ok, but if not I'll just send it in for repair and see what happens. I just had to buy this one to get it out of my system either way once and for all!!

I noticed that Bunny's ivory bag slouched very nicely on her - it does slouch.
Bag Lady - I am suprised the Juliette slouched - they had a silver metallic one at the outlet - I almost bought it but the woven leather did not seem to be sloucing for me - maybe I should have bought it and tried it out.

Yeah, I didn't think it would either, but I took ALL the paper out and threw my stuff in it because I still paid way up there at the outlet for the Juliette...it was like $631 when I bought it weeks ago. I tried it in the store because I didn't want a repeat of the leather hobo, but I really loved the look of the Juliette (and I was NEVER going to pay $1100 for that bag!). I found that at least that particular bag slouched a LOT, but again, it really depends on the leather for that particular bag and whether it was broken in. Mine does not resemble a slim duffle but rather hobo shape that also slouches at the top as well as the sides. My SA said they did not sell many of these, so most of the bags were new that reached the outlet, so maybe the one you saw had not really been touched and broken in either. The bag was definitely way overpriced at $1100...not a good risk for a metallic, but mine has held up well. Really my only complaint is that the strap is longer than I like and yes, still a tiny tad big. It hits my lower hip and sometimes bounces off my shoulder. I haven't seen Bunny's hobo, but again, I do think part of it is the leather that's used...some is thinner than others. I even tried to break my leather bag in, and it never happened. And yes, not to mention the sealant issues with this bag...but I have not had an issue with any of my Thompson bags yet, so it's either because I don't carry mine a lot, or luck of the draw, I guess!

Hope you love it donnalynn! It really is a gorgeous bag with beautiful leather although it is very large IRL. I was really quite shocked when I tried it on as it is quite huge but I love it regardless. You also got a really great price and can always resell it if you find it too big. SO...it is really a win win situation. Congrats on a beautiful bag!