I just won a Chanel bag and the seller won't send it to me! :(

laurenemily5

May 16, 2011
Hi there ladies,

Was just wondering if anyone had any advise..

I won a beautiful double flap Chanel bag and the seller has sent me a message saying she "just realised" that the bag has a scratch on the back and so she can't send it to me "as it isn't fair on me'. I've emailed her twice saying that I'm disappointed and would still be willing to buy the bag (for the same price) if she sent me a photo so I could assess the damage. She hasn't replied to my emails and now I'm so upset as I really wanted the bag!

What can I do in this situation? x

There isn't much you can do, the seller can't be forced to sell it to you. I would give her 48 hours to send you the pics of the supposed damage and if she didn't, I would file against her and leave a negative feedback.

the seller should send a pic so you can evaluate exactly what the damage is
and the extent of it as well... if she doesn't respond within a day or so, would file
against her and leave her appropriate feedback....

my feeling is if she hasn't given you the courtesy of a reply, she probably
isn't going to send you any pics... so do what you need to do..and no
excuses for this not nice seller, IMO...

you will find the bag again....

She probably didn't get what she was hoping for, agree with the advice above.

Thank you so much ladies! I'm so disappointed.. I feel she's just being dishonest. She should have put a reserve or something. Sorry to have to ask.. but how do I file against her? I've never had to do it before! Should I let her know I'm going to leave her negative?

go to ebay page.. look for customer support... find the item number
and follow ..there is also on the upper right hand corner (on my screen anyway)
contact us... so if you have any ?'s just contact them... think you can
report a non performing seller think it might be called...

It looks like the seller didn't get what they wanted for it, but they should've put a reserve.. File an NPS against her and leave a neg, as other suggested. There's nothing else you can do. You might want to wait a few days though, I think ebay gives the sellers 7 days to ship (someone correct me if I'm wrong please).

Thank you so much ladies! I'm so disappointed.. I feel she's just being dishonest. She should have put a reserve or something. Sorry to have to ask.. but how do I file against her? I've never had to do it before! Should I let her know I'm going to leave her negative?
Don't threaten negative feedback. THat can be construed as feedback extortion and if she reports it, it can count against you (even though you are in the right).

What I'd do is to email once more telling her that you want to see the pictures of the damage and you want to decide whether it's something you can live with. Tell her that if she refuses to follow through with the sale, it's a violation of ebay policy and you will report her and you should do it!

Although you can't threaten a neg, you can certainly leave it.

Hi there ladies,

Was just wondering if anyone had any advise..

I won a beautiful double flap Chanel bag and the seller has sent me a message saying she "just realised" that the bag has a scratch on the back and so she can't send it to me "as it isn't fair on me'. I've emailed her twice saying that I'm disappointed and would still be willing to buy the bag (for the same price) if she sent me a photo so I could assess the damage. She hasn't replied to my emails and now I'm so upset as I really wanted the bag!

What can I do in this situation? x

I've had this happen to me several times when I got a great bargain. The sellers lied. One said that her daughter took it and used it. Another said she didn't have it anymore. There isn't anything you can do if they aren't willing to send it to you.

Don't threaten negative feedback. THat can be construed as feedback extortion and if she reports it, it can count against you (even though you are in the right).

What I'd do is to email once more telling her that you want to see the pictures of the damage and you want to decide whether it's something you can live with. Tell her that if she refuses to follow through with the sale, it's a violation of ebay policy and you will report her and you should do it!

Although you can't threaten a neg, you can certainly leave it.

The buyer has e-mailed this seller twice asking if she could
assess the damage via a pic.. to date the seller hasn't responded.
we can pretty much assume that either the bag is not damaged
or damaged. (pic would be forthcoming) more likely than not
the seller didn't get the price she wanted and came up with the
"scratch" story..

The buyer shouldn't be telling the seller what she is going to do
She's given her a fair chance to make this right and do think she
should file NPS.. she can leave the appropriate feedback which
the seller has definitely earned by her manipulative & deceptive
conduct..

When sellers stop playing these games and complete a transaction
buyers won't have to resort to other measure..

Let's see if the seller sends the pics???

No the seller was in the UK. Strangely I woke up to an email from eBay saying the listing had been taken off.. So the bag was a fake! I can't imagine why the seller refused to send it to me because they'd managed to catch me out! I hadn't paid so it really was a lucky escape! Thank you all SO much for your advise! If this ever happens again (and fingers crossed it won't) I'll know exactly what to do! :smile: x

No the seller was in the UK. Strangely I woke up to an email from eBay saying the listing had been taken off.. So the bag was a fake! I can't imagine why the seller refused to send it to me because they'd managed to catch me out! I hadn't paid so it really was a lucky escape! Thank you all SO much for your advise! If this ever happens again (and fingers crossed it won't) I'll know exactly what to do! :smile: x

not always the case. authentic listings get removed all the time.