I just realized something VERY scary!

bagap

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
Ok, please bear with me for a moment since I actually do have a point to make, lol. After admiring Coach for many years, I finally bought my first bag on 7-30-08, a beautiful Heritage Stripe tote in brown/mahogany. That was a month ago to the day. Since that fateful occasion, and including that first purchase, I have bought:

Heritage Stripe tote -macy's
Soho Large Black leather hobo - outlet
Hamptons capacity wristlet in camel - macy's
Sig Stripe khaki and metallic mini - macy's
Tattersall mini - macy's
Square Signature scarf in black/white - boutique
Legacy Lip gloss charm - boutique
Lion fob - outlet
Sig Stripe medium tote in Khaki/blue - macy's
Sig Stripe wristlet in black - macy's

The last two items I technically shouldn't even have bought yet because I had promised DH I would wait until September, so they are unofficial as of yet. So, just to visualize that is three bags, two wristlets, two mini skinnies, a scarf, a fob, and a charm within 30 days of my very first Coach purchase...O-M-I-G-O-D! :nuts: What is wrong with me?! Did anyone else go that crazy that quickly? Or crazier even, so that I feel a little better...? Anyhow, thanks for listening, well reading, I just had to confess to someone and clear my conscience, lol...:shame:

I can totally relate. There are times when I get alittle nutty with coach. I could go months without a single purchase and them <BAM> I go nuts. I have gotten alot of new stuff recently, none on PCE. Now I'm gonna lay low for awhile, or until the next PCE. As long as your purchases won't break the bank, then go for it. Enjoy your goodies and maybe take a little break. Enjoy your bags.

LOL...you know what...if it makes you happy, i don't see it as a problem

in August, i purchased
- a chocolate leather carly
- an ergo bifold wallet
- a sig hampton mini skinny
- a signature stripe mini skinny
- a leather ergo tote in natural
- and today i got off of ebay the leather ergo tote in black

the madness doesn't end...but then i again, i love madness! :P

HEY don't beat yourself up...i'm right there in chair beside u at our weekly coach-aholics meetings....u r not that bad off honey..your purchases are small so there's still hope...we'll never recover but it will get easier after time to just say no...stick in there we'll get thru it 2gether....(smile)

Believe me when I say, that a LOT of us share your little problem. There was a thread a while back listing what we had purchased since Jan '08 and it was really scary. Ridiculously scary! But you are definately not alone!:yes:

Well, I'm not even going to comment on how many bags and other accessories I've purchased as of late. I don't even post all mine anymore because it gets embarrassing, lol!:shame: But I do understand exactly where you're coming from, and you are not alone!!

I've actually been hitting the outlets over the last 3 days, and I've tried to keep myself under control because of this month's PCE, but have still purchased a LOT of stuff....and I mean a LOT of stuff!! :shame: Of course I can't find the 3 things I'm really looking for at the outlet, but hey, that's besides the point!! I still always find something! :P Anyway, I think this forum is a really dangerous place...both in time spent posting as well as purchasing!!! I'm trying to wean myself off the forum, and am contemplating going cold turkey just because it's taking up too much of my time. So far I haven't been successful, though! Even right now I'm visiting family, but sitting on the forum!! :nogood:

Yeah, it was pretty bad for me from the middle of July to the 25th of this month. I just counted all I bought on the bay...it's bad. Hence the fact that I put myself on a bag ban. I wish I could sell some things but I don't really trust the bay enough to sell myself, so it looks like I'm stuck with some impulse buys of mine.

But at least you're not alone.

Thanks everyone! This is exactly the kind of stuff I needed to hear, because I was starting to feel like a crazy person, lol. And, truth be told, I don't want to stop any time soon! In fact, I want to keep going, and going, and going... :P

Don't feel bad. I owned 1 bag & 1 wallet since 05. Since June when I totally became active on TPF I have bought:

Heritage Striped tote - Macy's
Ergo Pleated wristlet - Boutique
Coach bracelet - eBay
Heritage Striped tote (the new style) - Boutique
Koala FOB - Boutique
Bleeker Patent tote - Boutique
Capacity Wristlet - Nordstroms
Hamptons wallet - Boutique
Legacy Ponytail Scarf - Boutique

I know its not alot but my husband is like OMG what do you need all this for? LOL
I just never feel satisfied and always want something else. :P

We may have the same 'Coach Problem' - I'm actually ragther relieved to see someone else acting this way! I got my first Coach 07-05-08 and I've developed this .... eeerrrrr.....little problem.:shame: First One is first, then in no particular order:

Blue patent gallery tote - Nordstrom's
Saddle medium Ergo hobo - outlet
Ponytail scarf brown/khaki sig - outlet
Black Hampton Signature Embossed CarryAll - Dillard's
Snail keyfob/charm - outlet
Teal Legacy Shoulder - outlet
Denim medium Carly - boutique
Multi lozenge scarf - outlet
Girly mix phone lanyard - boutique
Flower keyfob - outlet
Blue/teal mini sig scarf - outlet
Pink lozenge scarf - *bay (DH did that one!)
Mouse leather keyfob - outlet
Doggie Mix keychain - outlet
Tattersall scarf - outlet
Bottle green large hobo - outlet
Frog leather keychain - outlet

Oh jeez, that looks horrid when I list it out doesn't it?? Jeepers. And I really think I've forgotten something (or something-s. Yikes!) Thank goodness my very DH is being a good sport about all this. I absolutely, positively swear I am banned until Christmans. And I really, really mean it!

After my eBay score today, I have determined that since I've been on the board, I've bought four bags, a wallet, at least five mini-skinnies and wristlets, and at least six fobs/charms. I'm probably leaving something out, but if you include the other four bags I bought earlier this year, yeah. You're not the only one.

Like they said, the first step is admitting you have a problem. :yes: