I just had to start a new thread for this...

Omaha_2072

Back At Square One
Aug 1, 2008
Good ole' Midwest
Mods, feel free to move this to the LV Shopping Forum if you deem necessary...

So I am well aware of the recent Louis Vuitton shortage. I know it. You know it. It just plain stinks. As of last night, my frustration levels with Louis Vuitton are now at an all time high....

I sold a couple of designer items from my personal collection to fund the purchase of a new LV Damier Neverfull in either Azur or Ebene. I already have the Mono Neverfull MM which I've been carrying for months straight and I absolutely love it. I was well aware of the shortage and I knew that it may be weeks or a month or so till I was able to locate my new bag. Needless to say, I've been stalking LouisVuitton.com website daily. I've also been randomly calling the LV store inside the Forum Shoppes at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas to see if they magically got one in. Both options have drawn blanks for weeks. Also, I was told by this store (which I usually shop at when I'm on vacation in Vegas) that they are not offering a wait list for either item because the bags that I'm wanting are permanent items in their collection.

So..for ****s and giggles I logged on to the LV website last night and selected UK instead of US. Low and behold...they have the Damier Azur Neverfull MM available for purchase! WTH?! I thought they were "sold out" or "out of stock".:cursing:

http://www.louisvuitton.com/uk/flash/index.jsp?direct1=home_entry_gb

So...out of curiosity I called 866-VUITTON to inquire as to why I can't purchase that bag. The phone rep woman tells me that LV as a company does not ship internationally. Then proceeds to tell me that in the US the Neverfull in general is completely sold out. That I should check back with them around the 1st week of December. Or I can periodically check with my local LV store(s) to see if/when they will receive their next shipment.

1st of all, I live in a state with ZERO LV stores. It's not like I can just pop into an LV during my lunch hour and chat with an SA. Secondly, it just doesn't seem right to me that LV has the bag that I'm desperately seeking available in the UK but not in the US. And that LV is not willing to ship internationally. This absolutely baffles me!

Am I the only one who finds this frustrating and even a bit ridiculous?!?!?:pout:

Last edited:

Clibee

Aug 6, 2009
Ireland
I totally feel your pain about the shortage&the scarcity of bags,esp when,as you say, you had sold other bags to fund it.

However,living in Ireland&so being used to having only one Louis Vuitton boutique and the fact Irish residents don't have the facility to purchase online,I have to stick up for the equal distribution of reserves amongst different areas in these times of shortage.I'm sorry to say that I think it would be unfair if people in the US were able to access and purchase bags that are allocated for the UK market,if that were the case I feel there would be no bags left,considering the amount of American consumers versus UK consumers...

Sorry to be devils advocate but just my opinion...really hope you get your bag through :smile:

Jun 13, 2006
I agree... Lv have to keep the European market separate... There are millions of things I would love from the USA but they won't ship to me!!!

Omaha_2072

Back At Square One
Aug 1, 2008
Good ole' Midwest
I guess I can understand where you're coming from. But, on the other hand, I just checked online right now and the bag is STILL available for purchase in the UK. Which to me, in my opinion, means that the demand in the US is much higher. Cuz if that bag was available on the US website, it would have been snatched up in a heart beat. There's no way that it would have been still available right now for purchase after more than 12 hours on the US LV website.

Maybe LV needs to re-configure their allotment numbers throughout the world? Maybe the US needs more?

Just a thought...

I totally feel your pain about the shortage&the scarcity of bags,esp when,as you say, you had sold other bags to fund it.

However,living in Ireland&so being used to having only one Louis Vuitton boutique and the fact Irish residents don't have the facility to purchase online,I have to stick up for the equal distribution of reserves amongst different areas in these times of shortage.I'm sorry to say that I think it would be unfair if people in the US were able to access and purchase bags that are allocated for the UK market,if that were the case I feel there would be no bags left,considering the amount of American consumers versus UK consumers...

Sorry to be devils advocate but just my opinion...really hope you get your bag through :smile:

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
If it makes you feel any better, the UK LV site has been out of stock of popular bags such as the Neverfull and Speedy for many weeks now too. In fact, the Ebene Neverfull MM and GM are sold out at the moment - it's possible that when you checked, one popped up but I imagine that they're few and far between at the moment, and when they do come into stock, they're pretty much gone right away.

Hopefully LV will resolve this stock issue soon and you'll be able to get your new bag. I can't imagine that they don't want to sell lots of Neverfulls to people in the run up to Christmas.

Clibee

Aug 6, 2009
Ireland
Omaha_2072 I can totally understand your frustration-I think the shortage has hit all LV lovers hard&there's been many a time when I would have gone anywhere just to get the bag I wanted!

Unfortunately I don't think the fact that a particular bag is in stock on the UK website is representative of the fact that the US don't have enough stocks or that the UK market aren't deserving of the bag just because it hasn't been bought instantly. I too wish there were more bags available but I have to reiterate that if US citizens were able to purchase from the UK website there wouldn't be much need for different sites for different countries-the need for deliniation is due to the need for a relative distribution of stock to Europe and Australia etc. It's clear that there are serious stock shortages worldwide but nonetheless LV as a reputable company I expect have to, in the balance of fairness- allow each country their own quota to do with as they wish.

If the US could purchase bags from the UK online I doubt there would be any left for European citizens and visa versa in some respects in terms of UK citizens being able to purchase from France...

I am used the the experience of not being able to purchase from a lot of websites due to my location so I guess more used to having to sit tight :shucks:

Also a reason is the fact that stocks of certain bags are coming in drips&drabs and so no one knows what will appear online when it does!
Let us know when you get the bag though&be sure to do a reveal!:smile:

Last edited:

Omaha_2072

Back At Square One
Aug 1, 2008
Good ole' Midwest
The Damier Azur Neverfull MM is available on the LouisVuitton.com France, Spain and Italy website too...

Sorry in advance if I'm being a whiner...:crybaby:

Last edited:

penelope tree

Aug 18, 2008
England
I agree with Clibee, i'm sure there are some bags people in europe want that are available elsewhere... although i appreciate it is annoying have to wait. but i can assure you that the uk is very much out of stock too.

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Michigan
www.nikitajade.etsy.com
I just find it difficult to believe that for years LV has been able to keep up with demand - there are always speedies in the store - but now suddenly, and for months, there's no stock? I strongly suspect that they're sitting on stock - whether or not it's to create more demand or to create exclusivity, I'm not sure, but I don't think they're having trouble making canvas bags.

Clibee

Aug 6, 2009
Ireland
I agree IrisCole I think it is to create exclusivity coupled with wanting to slow down production to reserve stocks for Christmas- although I feel bad for all the pressure it is putting all of the SAs who have to field all of the confusion and frustration that people are obv experiencing. I personally think that if it is to create a hype, LV are very very clever as even though I think it's irking people, I don't think it's enough to lose them the bulk of their custom....it might even result in people buying more than normal at Xmas in a frantic attempt to get in before any further possible shortages....

Omaha_2072

Back At Square One
Aug 1, 2008
Good ole' Midwest
I've always purchased by LV items from the same store (while on vacation). Maybe once or twice per year. But unfortuntely hardly ever the same SA. Just depends on my timing I guess. So I am not considered a VIP customer in LV terms by any means.

So is it true then that LV stores are not allowing "wait lists" for items that are currently out of stock from their permanent collection?

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
^ I don't think that's true, Omaha_2072. At least not for SLGs, I would imagine it's not true for bags either. A lady at customer services told me just the other day that I could request to be placed on a waiting list for a couple of SLGs that have been out of stock for quite some time.

bella5304

O.G.
Jul 21, 2009
I just find it difficult to believe that for years LV has been able to keep up with demand - there are always speedies in the store - but now suddenly, and for months, there's no stock? I strongly suspect that they're sitting on stock - whether or not it's to create more demand or to create exclusivity, I'm not sure, but I don't think they're having trouble making canvas bags.
I completely agree with you, as well as Omaha in her original post. If someone is willing to pay for the bag and all of the taxes and custom fees or whatever goes along with it, what is it to LV?