I just got yelled at for selling a property to a Phillipino man!

My MIL is a realtor & in the past she has told me similar types of stories. People who put their house up for sale because a person of different race has moved into their "White" neighborhood. Clients who tell her that they arent interested in a house she has shown them because the owners are black, or Asian for example & they dont like Asians- so the house must be filthy, rediculous things like that. Very sad

:wtf: What?!?! Omg I can't believe people judge the owners on their homes. What did color have to do with how clean or dirty a house is? ANY COLOR can be clean or dirty!

Ladies, as an update I did tell my Realtor about the incident and she has passed this on to the buyer's Realtor. Where it goes from there is up to her. I can tell you that I had the pleasure of meeting the young man and his parents (which is rare in this type of transaction, but the family wanted to meet me before they made their initial offer) and this young man is a pre-med student who will no doubt go on to do good work and make his mark in the world. And frankly, I do hope he has lots of friends who come to visit and have parties.

That makes me sad for the Filipino man that has to live next to them. How can they be racist as teachers who have to work with kids of all different ethnicities?? I teach and I get so used to the kids that I don't even see skin color or race anymore. I don't even think about it. Those people are horrible and I hope the new neighbor will not have to deal with their racist garbage.

Ladies, as an update I did tell my Realtor about the incident and she has passed this on to the buyer's Realtor. Where it goes from there is up to her. I can tell you that I had the pleasure of meeting the young man and his parents (which is rare in this type of transaction, but the family wanted to meet me before they made their initial offer) and this young man is a pre-med student who will no doubt go on to do good work and make his mark in the world. And frankly, I do hope he has lots of friends who come to visit and have parties.

Pre-Med? Don't think he'll be doing much partying LOL

As for the neighbors, what a couple of ignorant jerks. One of my coworkers is married to a Filipino woman, she's feisty!

:wtf: NO WAY!!! OMG! How stereotypical of them to say that! I would've said "It's not my fault you chose to live in an area where a lot of college kids live. You are being unecessarily rude and very stereotypical!!! Being in your 40s, that kind of attitude is unbelieveable and I won't tolerate it."

I'm asian myself but for some reason I don't find it that offensive... For some reason I don't get mad or care when people discriminate against my race... lol I don't know why though, I'm just not really passionate about it I guess.

My bf is also asian but he dislikes a lot of asians himself, especially the asians who gangbangs, dress thuggish, etc... He's kinda anti-asian even though he is asian...

It's weird but even though my bf is asian he dislikes most other asians and would probably agree with your neighbors... He really idolizes Irvine and thinks it's a privilege to live there and that they should only let certain types of people live there, high class people and friendly people... lol

I guess he dislikes other asians cause he thinks other asian guys are not friendly enough towards him, they always give him "looks".... He claims white people aren't really like that... I think he's nuts... but whatevers...

^ Asian or not.. The remark was very offensive. Maybe if people would care enough to point it out and take a stand, the world would be a much better place. just my two cents...