I just got this message from a seller. Help!

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
I purchased an item last night for $150 using a credit card/paypal. The seller sent me this message: "Unfortunately I'm having a little issue with PayPal. They want me to send the item before they give me the money. I don't understand why they're doing this so I have to write them. I don't have just extra money laying around to ship items, you know? I have other expenses! I'm so confused as to why they are doing this but I just wrote them. They always get back to me quickly so hopefully they will release the hold."

I am so confused as to what this means....anyone experience this before as a seller or buyer?

Thanks!

ebay's new rules they will hold the sellers money for up to 21 days or until they send a dc# with proof they shipped and also you will have to leave feedback before. It's supposed to be more safe the buyer.

If you do a search you will see alot of threads on this

Wait, just to be clear, you now have to leave feedback as a buyer BEFORE you get the item? Or before they will release the seller's money?

NO NO NO NO NO

This is a "new" security measure by Paypal. The SELLER will not get their money from Paypal until

1) Item is delivered
2) BUYER leaves feedback
3) 21 days has passed without a claim

This in no way shape or form means a buyer should let a seller blackmail them into leaving feedback before the item is received.

In this case the seller has the resposibility to deliver the item even if they haven't been paid.

NO NO NO NO NO

This is a "new" security measure by Paypal. The SELLER will not get their money from Paypal until

1) Item is delivered
2) BUYER leaves feedback
3) 21 days has passed without a claim

This in no way shape or form means a buyer should let a seller blackmail them into leaving feedback before the item is received.

In this case the seller has the resposibility to deliver the item even if they haven't been paid.

So it can take minimun 21 days to get your $$ and if a buyer is negligent with a feedback you're still waiting?

This happened to me as a seller....I had to provide tracking number for all the items (9 in total which left me out $400 since all was international shipping)...then after I had done that they were not satisfied...I had to fax all the receipts too of the items I had sold.....luckily I managed to dig them up but I wonder what would have happened had I sold items that I no longer had the receipts to???? I was on the verge of a break down...all my money tied up and all that money I had had to pay for shipping...well, they released my funds as soon as they got the receipts but it still was a hassle and took forever!

Kat

my husband got that message too. he was a new seller, it is a security measure that paypal has for items over $100 with new sellers, or those with certain conditions they are checking on. it has NOTHING to do with you. in fact, she needs to send it out, they tell her to right on the screen. that she is NOT to hold up the item, but to ship.

you may want to let her know that unless she does comply with it, she'll keep getting holds on auctions. once she does ship, gets positive feedback or the 21 days pass, she'll get her funds, paypal will see she passed their 'test' and she won't have problems. but cancelling the transaction or anything else like that, she won't get away with having to be checked by paypal.

So a buyer has to leave feedback before the seller gets their money? That is nuts! Paypal gets to hold on to it (and make interest on it too)?

I better check out the new rules; I was going to sell some bags. I guess I would qualify as a 'new' seller--I have sold but not for a long time.

Ebay is killing itself.

This happened to me as a seller....I had to provide tracking number for all the items (9 in total which left me out $400 since all was international shipping)...then after I had done that they were not satisfied...I had to fax all the receipts too of the items I had sold.....luckily I managed to dig them up but I wonder what would have happened had I sold items that I no longer had the receipts to???? I was on the verge of a break down...all my money tied up and all that money I had had to pay for shipping...well, they released my funds as soon as they got the receipts but it still was a hassle and took forever!

Kat

Say what? They can't demand receipts for every item sold on e`bay; That's insane! :wtf: People sell items on e`bay every day without having to provide receipts. Did the buyers question authenticity and that's why they had you fax receipts? I can't see no other reason for it. :confused1:

Yeh is this rule going to be for everything someone sells- LOL
I dont think anyone will be sellling anymore at this rate
Or sellers are going to stop excepting paypal
Thats why I like local buyers= no paypal fee just (train fee ;)

Well...I had that 21 day hold put on an item I sold last week, but this week I sold something that was more expensive and they didn't put a hold on it...so I don't know...so wierd!