I just got the letter

maxsmom

Jun 12, 2006
No myth - it is for real. I honestly can't believe it. They are accusing me of returning a bunch of bags without a receipt. I have returned two - and three damaged Carleys, (one of which was my mom's, she has no store near her so she mailed it to me) that they never even asked a receipt for. Of the other two, one was a gift and the other receipt I did lose. The number they have come up with is considerably more than the five mentioned. I am fuming. :mad:

Fortunately not banned, just no return without a receipt, which is fine because I keep them all, but I can only imagine that that comes up on my profile when I pay now, how embarrassing.

Are these letters from FP stores or outlet?

Sorry you got that letter, I would feel the same as you. There have been times when I merely reach into my bag to find the receipt and the SA says "oh don't worry about it". :-s So confusing...

Letter came from New York. ^^ so confusing, definitely! My SA offered to talk to the woman who wrote the letter but I think I'm just going to try calling her tomorrow. I don't want to risk her giving my fav SA incorrect info.

You know... this is getting a bit crazy with this letter. Just because some one returns 3 bags doesn't mean they're a reseller!!! Love Coach, and I love their return policy, but i think it's time their methods of handling this reselling problem need to be changed.
Sorry this happened : ( Definitely talk to them about it!
The part the makes me stunned is that stores today are actually limiting people on what they buy... would they want people to buy as much as possible?? Sure resellers can make a tiny profit selling the bags, but it's in no comparison to what Coach would be making as extra profit if people could buy what they pleased. Rant over : )

^it was 5, not 3--and it's not a ban to buy, so it doesn't really concern resellers..they're not accusing OP of being one that is
-----------

I'm sorry that happened

how much more then five that you did return, are they stating you returned without receipts?

damaged carlys should not have an affect if done correctly (selected as damaged out when returned without receipt)

and if a sales person say, oh don't worry about it! when you want to exchange or return without a receipt--find another person and never work with that person particular one that told you it's okay again!

here's an idea for Coach, instead of banning people from returning w/o receipt, why not just say "receipt required" for returns/exchanges.

It makes NO SENSE to let people do it, and then say - well we let you do it, but we are punishing you now for OUR choice to let you do it in the 1st place.... Common sense, Coach?

here's an idea for Coach, instead of banning people from returning w/o receipt, why not just say "receipt required" for returns/exchanges.

It makes NO SENSE to let people do it, and then say - well we let you do it, but we are punishing you now for OUR choice to let you do it in the 1st place.... Common sense, Coach?

:yes: ITA!