I just got scammed with fake Uggs....

chinkee21

My Dream Ring!
O.G.
Nov 6, 2007
Ladies, today I received in the mail 2 pairs of counterfeit Uggs, I have opened a dispute thru Paypal, should I wait for the seller to respond or do you think I should go ahead and escalate to a claim? I have several pairs of Uggs and knew right away that the quality of the newly bought ones are just not up to standard. Any advice would help! TIA!

Ladies, today I received in the mail 2 pairs of counterfeit Uggs, I have opened a dispute thru Paypal, should I wait for the seller to respond or do you think I should go ahead and escalate to a claim? I have several pairs of Uggs and knew right away that the quality of the newly bought ones are just not up to standard. Any advice would help! TIA!
IMO, you should have posted in the shoes AT subforum to verify your suspicion. I can't tell you how many times sellers have been accused when items are actually genuine.

Without seeing listings or pictures, I have no idea whether your statements are true, but I will make a couple of general comments.

1. From what I've seen in my own experience, the quality of Uggs has gone down and I've seen some authentic items that I know are genuine and some people would assume they're fake.
2. The newer "I heart Uggs" items aren't made with shearling ((but rather have wool lining) and the quality of those items seems lesser. The sizing runs smaller, the feel of the fur lining is rough and they could easily been alleged as fake.

My suggestion is that you post clear pictures of the front, side view, soles, backs of heels and all sides of the tags/labels from inside the left shoe in the shoe authentication thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glas...s-read-1st-page-before-posting-32044-194.html

ETA: Also, post links to the listings so those who know Uggs can see them.

IMO, you should have posted in the shoes AT subforum to verify your suspicion. I can't tell you how many times sellers have been accused when items are actually genuine.

Without seeing listings or pictures, I have no idea whether your statements are true, but I will make a couple of general comments.

1. From what I've seen in my own experience, the quality of Uggs has gone down and I've seen some authentic items that I know are genuine and some people would assume they're fake.
2. The newer "I heart Uggs" items aren't made with shearling ((but rather have wool lining) and the quality of those items seems lesser. The sizing runs smaller, the feel of the fur lining is rough and they could easily been alleged as fake.

My suggestion is that you post clear pictures of the front, side view, soles, backs of heels and all sides of the tags/labels from inside the left shoe in the shoe authentication thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glas...s-read-1st-page-before-posting-32044-194.html

ETA: Also, post links to the listings so those who know Uggs can see them.

I've purchased UGG slippers for many years and I can say that their quality really went downhill. The last pair that I purchased (directly from UGG) were shipped back to UGG for a refund. The workmanship was awful, the fur lining wasn't soft and upon comparison to my older slippers, looked slightly smaller in size. Had I not bought them directly from UGG, I would've thought they were poorly made fakes.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that what you bought were counterfeit however; to ease your mind, I'd get them authenticated.

I've purchased UGG slippers for many years and I can say that their quality really went downhill. The last pair that I purchased (directly from UGG) were shipped back to UGG for a refund. The workmanship was awful, the fur lining wasn't soft and upon comparison to my older slippers, looked slightly smaller in size. Had I not bought them directly from UGG, I would've thought they were poorly made fakes.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that what you bought were counterfeit however; to ease your mind, I'd get them authenticated.

I couldn't agree more!

The last couple of pairs of Ugg slippers I purchased were of much lessor quality. I even bought a pair from Australia hoping they would be better, nope.

To me it seems like the farther they have branched out into more & more styles & diverse items, the lower their quality has become.
They used to make less things very well, now they make a lot of things, less well. :shucks:

I couldn't agree more!

The last couple of pairs of Ugg slippers I purchased were of much lessor quality. I even bought a pair from Australia hoping they would be better, nope.

To me it seems like the farther they have branched out into more & more styles & diverse items, the lower their quality has become.
They used to make less things very well, now they make a lot of things, less well. :shucks:

You noticed, too?

There was nothing like coming in from a cold Winter's day and putting on my UGG slippers, but that was many years ago. Unfortunately, they've really gone downhill since.

It seems as though once they began primarily manufacturing them in China, the quality really suffered.

I couldn't agree more!

+1!

So glad others have noticed the decline. Thought it was just me.
The "fur" in my slippers barely last a few months now before wearing away.

Thank you ladies for your input, the last time I bought a pair was last year, the Bailey Bow short & that was still top quality, this time I bought the Classic Short, not the the I Heart Uggs .. I will try & take photos to post on the shoe forum,

Sorry, where is the ebay shoe sub forum?

Thank you ladies for your input, the last time I bought a pair was last year, the Bailey Bow short & that was still top quality, this time I bought the Classic Short, not the the I Heart Uggs .. I will try & take photos to post on the shoe forum,

Go to the "Glass Slipper" forum, you will see the thread to post
"authenticate these shoes"

Since the auction is over, you may not get a response, but try
as someone might be inclined to answer you...

I posted that link early in the thread (response #3)

Would it be possible to post the listing?

You opened a claim and stated they were fake within being 100% sure? What does the seller's feedback look like?

I had no idea that Ugg's quality have gone down since they first came out, I plan to go into town and check out the Classic Short Ugg tonight after work & compare.