I just got my Galet RH City and I'm not feeling her

saira1214

O.G.
May 13, 2007
I don't know why, but I feel like I need a more "all seasons" bag. Galet seems a bit wintery, kwim? I haven't seen Sahara irl, but maybe that's what I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong, the color is great and the leather is gorg, but she just doesn't seem to be doing it for me. What do you ladies think? Should I keep her or go for Sahara?

picture.php
w/flash

picture.php
w/o flash

picture.php
w/o flash

picture.php
w/flash

I really love Galet. I have a GSH Galet city, and I think the GSH makes it appear a little lighter, and maybe a bit more "all seasons". If your just not feeling it, then maybe different hw might help. Hope you find the Galet of you dreams.....

Oh, I'm sorry you're not feeling it because that bag is beautiful. The colour, the leather ... yummy :drool:

That said, if you're really not feeling it then maybe you should get something else. I believe it should be love when buying a bag though sometimes I also know a colour has to grow on you. So, since I personally love this bag I'll have to say; why don't you keep it for a few days and see what happens.

Oh, just read LJS58's comment and she has a point; maybe GSH would be the way to go. I have this combo in an Envelope Clutch and it does seem a lot "lighter".

I think if your not sure about it you should definately get something else. With what these bags cost it should be love at first sight. When you get the right one you will know it right off the bat.

I realllllly love your Galet baby! :love: But if you are not fully satisfied then I would consider returning/exchanging it. I do think that greys tend to be a bit more for the fall/wintery, but I also think they can be incredibly versatile and neutral as well. I would try out the Sahara if I were you..it looks absolutely gorge from pictures I've seen!

I think that is a gorgeous bag and I also think Galet is a great year round color. It doesn't seem wintery to me since it isn't dark like Anthra (which I also love, btw). But if you aren't happy and don't think you will use it enough, then you should return it. Every person feels differently about each color and style. It is all personal taste and you have to love the bag, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

some times a bag can take time to grow on you, I have bags I loved at first sight which I sold and bags I loved at second sight which I ended up keeping. I think you should try her out a bit first as sometimes bags take a while to "mesh" with you.
IMO the bag looks gorgeous!

I'm a huge fan of Galet, love love love my City, but if you're not 100% happy with it then it should go back and you can go find a bag you really are crazy about. Good luck!

I agree with aimtree -- sometimes the love that takes a while to develop is deeper. :heart: Your galet city looks absolutely gorgeous, perhaps give it a day or two before deciding.

I've owned sahara and galet. I've kept galet, didn't keep sahara. I find galet more beautiful and versatile. The fact that it's a bit darker makes it easier to carry, I was always worried about stains with sahara. I think galet is a nice all year round bag but of course you have to love it and nobody can tell you whether you do or don't. ;)

some times a bag can take time to grow on you, I have bags I loved at first sight which I sold and bags I loved at second sight which I ended up keeping. I think you should try her out a bit first as sometimes bags take a while to "mesh" with you.
IMO the bag looks gorgeous!

Thank you everybody for your thoughtful input! I very much appreciate it. Like Drati, I would like to hear from owners that have or have had either Sahara and Galet, as well as the pros and cons. It is very helpful! Thank you everyone!