I just got my Eva today, and I´m a little pit disappointed....

Charlotta

O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
Hello everybody!

I just got my new sweetie "Eva" today and I love it.
I love the chain, and the size, because it´s bigger than pochettes..

But I don´t like the long leather strap. I think it´s just too long. If it was about 10 inches shorter, it would be perfect.
I´m now wondering should I cut it shorter, or what could I do with it?:confused1:

I hope you all understod me again, because my english is not the greatest...

I would cut the strap if I had NO intentions of reselling the bag. And, if you do shorten the strap be sure to take it to an experienced leather person.

(Of course I say that but I would be happy to buy an Eva with a strap that is about 10" shorter since I too think it is too long!)

I wouldn't cut the strap, that could only lead to problems. I would suggest buying a shorter one, or maybe one that is adjustable.
How long is the strap anyways? :confused1: I was thinking about buying an Eva, but haven't had a chance to visit a store to see it.

I'm sorry that the strap is too long for you. I, for once, am thrilled that it is long because I can never find them long enough. Have you checked with LV...they may be able to get you a shorter strap, like the ones they use for the alma or other bags. Hope you can find one. I also agree with what someone else said that if you know that you are not going to sell it then maybe you should take the strap to a leather goods place and have them shorten it. You might as well make it perfect for you. Hope it works out.

hey sry to hear that! i have the same problem with my minna street but im kinda used to it now.. i wouldnt recommend cutting it though.. but if you reallllly dont like it long and has no other alternatives then maybe you should

i would certainly not recommend cutting the strap. perhaps you can buy the adjustable strap at LV. the Eva strap is perfect for me because I'm 5'6" tall. Actually I wish it was a bit longer.

^the vachetta is not that soft so it would be very difficult to tie a knot... even if you do do so, reducing the strap length by 10 inches is going to leave you with a huge loop.... not very nice imo...