I just got my Eva today, and I´m a little pit disappointed....

Charlotta

O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
Sun
Hello everybody!

I just got my new sweetie "Eva" today and I love it.
I love the chain, and the size, because it´s bigger than pochettes..

But I don´t like the long leather strap. I think it´s just too long. If it was about 10 inches shorter, it would be perfect.
I´m now wondering should I cut it shorter, or what could I do with it?:confused1:

I hope you all understod me again, because my english is not the greatest...

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
NJ, USA
I would cut the strap if I had NO intentions of reselling the bag. And, if you do shorten the strap be sure to take it to an experienced leather person.

(Of course I say that but I would be happy to buy an Eva with a strap that is about 10" shorter since I too think it is too long!)

Jul 12, 2007
I wouldn't cut the strap, that could only lead to problems. I would suggest buying a shorter one, or maybe one that is adjustable.
How long is the strap anyways? :confused1: I was thinking about buying an Eva, but haven't had a chance to visit a store to see it.

Chablis

O.G.
Dec 1, 2007
Michigan
I'm sorry that the strap is too long for you. I, for once, am thrilled that it is long because I can never find them long enough. Have you checked with LV...they may be able to get you a shorter strap, like the ones they use for the alma or other bags. Hope you can find one. I also agree with what someone else said that if you know that you are not going to sell it then maybe you should take the strap to a leather goods place and have them shorten it. You might as well make it perfect for you. Hope it works out.

Mar 14, 2008
hey sry to hear that! i have the same problem with my minna street but im kinda used to it now.. i wouldnt recommend cutting it though.. but if you reallllly dont like it long and has no other alternatives then maybe you should

princessDD

~loving motherhood~
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
California
i would certainly not recommend cutting the strap. perhaps you can buy the adjustable strap at LV. the Eva strap is perfect for me because I'm 5'6" tall. Actually I wish it was a bit longer.

Oct 11, 2007
I'm a little older so please forgive me if this sounds dumb. Do people still tie a knot in the strap that's too long? A knot that has a loop in it? Uncool? Or just really old-school....

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
^the vachetta is not that soft so it would be very difficult to tie a knot... even if you do do so, reducing the strap length by 10 inches is going to leave you with a huge loop.... not very nice imo...

Jun 8, 2006
The lenghth is about the same as the strap for the pochette. I know it's long....it fits well over a coat. It's definitely meant to be worn cross body. I love the Eva. Saw it in the boutique.

Aug 13, 2007
North Jersey
I bought the adjustable strap for my pochettes (haven't used it yet though) but that would definately be the way to go. You can set it up to go over the shoulder or cross body. Perfect for that bag.