I just got back home with my first kitten!

percephonie

Trying to be good
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
I came home around 2 hours ago with little Aslan (a Russian Blue) and he's sound asleep on my bed at the moment. He's sooo cute:heart:

He was crying none stop at first and didn't seem to like being alone. I'm a bit worried since he hasn't used the toilet nor eaten anything yet.

Here are some photos of him:
Aslan2.jpg

Aslan3.jpg

He is such a cutie! I wouldn't worry about him not eating right now. Just let him slowly acclimate to his new home. Before you know it. Asian will be eating and purring for you non-stop!:flowers:

Thank you all for the compliments!:heart:
Yes I got his name from "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe " he he. Well he's finally eaten but now goes back to crying non stop. Not sure what I can do for him, seems to be missing his brothers and sisters....

Thank you all for the compliments!:heart:
Yes I got his name from "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe " he he. Well he's finally eaten but now goes back to crying non stop. Not sure what I can do for him, seems to be missing his brothers and sisters....

Have you tried cuddling him? It's difficult when he's asking you, "why didn't you adopt my brothers and sisters?". Distract him with little toys and play with him. He'll settle down soon enough...

AWWWWW!!!! Congrats on your NEW KITTY~~~!!! Give him some time. He will settle in. Usually when kittens cry, they are looking for their mommies and/or littermates. Like pinki682 says, you can help calm down by petting him, talking to him that you are his new mommy. If you want him to use the litterbox, sometimes you can put him on the litter and help him 'paw' the litter. I used to do that with all the foster kittens. I don't think you have to, but I thought it might give them an idea. You are in for a GREAT LIFE with Aslan!!!

Thank you so much for the advice pinki682, twin53 and tiramisu! You guys are right, he stops crying and purrs when I pet him and play with him which is good. I guess he just needs more time to settle in:yes:
LOL He's off sleeping again!