I just got back home with my first kitten!

Aww thank you!
He slept fine on my bed yesterday, no crying in the middle of the night like the first night. He still cries a lot though...I think the only time he isn't crying is when he's sleeping, eating, playing or being cuddled! Is this normal?

OMG :heart: Adorable!!!

And you know what's funny? I'm actually in the process of looking for a Russian Blue of my own!! What a coincidence!!! :P

Still haven't found any interesting breeders in my area though :crybaby:But I'll find one I just know it :yes:

And about the crying, I'm afraid I have no idea... maybe you could e-mail or call the breeder and ask? If they're reliable, they'll be able to answer your questions and will be HAPPY to ;) After all, they care about their cats and want the offsprings to be happy and live a pampered life :yahoo:

Oh and by the way, Aslan? Best name EVER!

Aww thank you!
He slept fine on my bed yesterday, no crying in the middle of the night like the first night. He still cries a lot though...I think the only time he isn't crying is when he's sleeping, eating, playing or being cuddled! Is this normal?

Aw, he's really sweet!

It's a big adjust to be separated from your family and placed in a new environment. He might be crying because he's uncomfortable...or maybe unsure. Kittens generally do very well with another companion, either another kitten or a tolerant cat. They are able to teach each other how to play (what's too hard and what's playful) and this then socializes them, making transitions much easier. Plus, two kittens tend to play so much they tucker each other out. :smile: Is adopting a kitty companion an option?

I proposed adopting 2 but my family thought one is enough especially since it's our first cat....sigh.
Thank you all so much for the advice (I'll ask the breeder and the vet:yes:) Hopefully he'll adjust soon!

the crying is very normal. when we adopted our orange tabby 17 years ago she hid and cried behind my washer/dryer in my first floor laundry room. after the boys and DH went to bed i would watch tv quietly in the first floor family room and she would come out little by litlte to be with me. took about 2 weeks but after that she was fine. just needed time and reassurance. she is still going strong and has been a wonderful companion over the years! she would even sit on the piano bench next to my boys when they practiced their piano lessons! very cute!

So cute!! Reminds me of my cat's littermate - they had separate fathers so they look totally different but same mom, same litter.

The crying is normal, like everyone has said. Even when I had a kitten in a house with other cats, the kitten would cry... they get scared, its their first few days "alone" in the real world when they've been surrounded by their littermates every day previously. It'll take a little getting used to for the kitten, but they'll calm down soon. Just give it a little time!

Something to keep in mind, having two cats over one won't be much difference in the level of responsibility... a little more food, extra vet bills, but the cats will keep each other company. Also if your family was considering getting an additional cat in a few years, keep in mind that it is often easier to just start off with two kittens, the introduction process of a new cat can be rather lengthy. But, at the same time, your kitten won't have any issues being an only child either.

Gorgeous kitty. Agreed with everyone else regarding the crying. Lots of cuddles usually helps. Also do Russian Blues talk like Siamese? That could be part of the "crying". Also agreed with everyone else on getting another kitty. Having two actually makes less work for you in terms of play-time.