I just got asked if im pregnant..when im not

This happened to me as well...and I am quite small!! The concierge in the building we lived in asked my son if I was pregnant...and when my son told him "no", and asked him why...he said, "Well, I guess she is just getting fat, then!!" This also happened to be the weekend that I found my first grey hair!!! I was gutted!!! And I am a size 4...so don't feel too bad...apparently some people are just morons!!!

...In my experience, I have found that women who think that their size 2 is everything don't have much else going for them...
It is tragic, but true, and it is impossible not to feel compassion for the horror that awaits them when they discover that the zenith of their beauty came and went before their thirtieth birthday, and that beauty, that size 2 figure, was all they had, their entire sense of self-worth was based on it, nor did it ever occur to them to try to develop anything else to accompany it, and eventually take the place of most of it.

And so they stand, weeping before their mirrors, trying to understand why some of their acquaintances seem so attractive, even though they are just as middle aged, just as - well, NOT size 2 - yet if single, they never want for ardent suitors, and if married their husbands are unabashedly devoted...
...As for comments, my reply is simple - "while I may be overweight, I can diet, but what will you do about that face?" Not the nicest comment...
It is nicer than "while I may be overweight, I can diet, but there ain't no diet that can cure stupid."
:devil:

What a thoughtless woman, at the place I used to work, a lady had gained a little weight and my co worker asked her if she was having a baby, the worst thing is that my co - worker knew she was trying for a baby and was not having much luck yet.

I've had that happen a few times. The time that pissed me off the most was when I was about 20lbs lighter than what I am now. Me and my friends were out for the night and we stopped at a gas station for something to drink. We stood outside on the curb in front of our car for a short while talking. During this time (around 10 or 11 at night) some DRUNK!!!!!!!! woman walks up to us after she went inside and bought some MORE beer and starts talking to us. Well she's pretty out of it....but she looks at me and says "awww I'm so happy for you" and then she has the NERVE to put her hand on my stomach and rub it. I smacked her hand away and said don't touch me and I'm NOT pregnant!!! She goes "yeah right, you're just trying to keep it a secret" and smiles at my boyfriend standing next to me and goes "way to go tiger"!!!!!!!! I wanted to beat her to a pulp, but thankfully she left after that.

It is one of the worst feelings in the world when someone does that, but I tried not to take it personally because in my case the woman was drunk. But when someone else does it I just say to myself the explination that they're just rude dumba$$es!!!!!!

I can't believe how rude some people can be!

Back in grade 8 my class was wondering if my teacher had gotten pregnant since she was putting on a bit of weight. It took us awhile to get up the courage to actually ask. We finally did ask when we were almost sure, and she was in fact pregnant.

So really.. I can't imagine why anyone who doesn't know you too well would just come right up and ask!

oh honey, that is awful what a crass thing to say.

I err on the side of caution every single time, I would never ever mention pregnancy to another lady until she was 7 months gone, with her tummy button sticking out, and holding her back! im serious, its just the worst thing you can say to somebody unless you are 100 percent sure.

So sorry you had to put up with such a dumbass :sad:

Oh God.. you guys are going to kill me here but I have asked someone if they were pregnant before because I honestly thought they were pregnant! And it turns out they weren't.. :s I felt so stupid and it was awkward. I kept saying "I'm sorry" about 20 times.

I had someone say that to me once-and I was a skinny little thing. I was wearing one of those trendy babydoll dresses at the time, but some people just do not think before they say something like that.

Im sorry she made you so upset. Please tell me...where do you live? So I know NEVER, EVER to visit there! Those people are RUDE!!
Anyway, dont beat yourself up over something others think of you. Beauty comes from the inside, it really does. If you feel beautiful, it will show on the outside. Next time somebody says something regarding your weight, simply tell them "mind your own business, I am happy with my weight(even if you arent, they dont need to know that!) and its my happiness that matters..not what YOU think of me"

Tell me where you live so I can come give you a hug! I never understand why people live their lives "assuming" that it's ok to say stuff like that out loud! I am so sorry that you had to endure this...hold your head high...you are a rock star!!