I just found out that I own a FAKE

NVMyLV

The Undertaker
O.G.
Sep 11, 2006
Long story short.

I bought a Northface Jacket from a private seller off of eBay back in December, the transaction was "perfect" or so, I thought. The jacket was a Christmas present. As soon as my DH wore it, the bungee cord around the hood started getting notches in it and looked s if they would snap in two. I called Northface and they said to mail it to them in the spring/ summer when "warranty work" would take less "turn around" time. Anyway, I mailed it in a few weeks ago and just received it back in the mail today, along with letters from both their warranty AND fraud departments. They advised that the jacket is FAKE!! I am super pissed that it is #1 a FAKE and #2 that I don't think that I have any recourse.

Of course, the auction is long since gone and I can't pull it up anymore on eBay, but I did find the Paypal transaction. It's kind of moot though as it only has the sellers name, ebay id and email address. I tried to contact the seller two ways...thru eBay, hopefully, he will respond and I sent an email address using that email address that is on the PP transaction and it bounced back to me. I can't find a physical address or phone number to contact the seller.

Since it has been 8 months, can I do anything? Will eBay help me out? I want a refund from the seller. The Northface company wants the information of where I obtained it.

Advice? THANKS!

Last edited:
Is that seller still selling on ebay? Forward his info to Northface. Sorry that happened...you just never know what you're getting when you buy on ebay.
It's a shame.

Oh, and it wouldn't be such a bad idea to save all return address labels from your packages when buying from ebay. I do now, and keep them in a little file, with item description. Just in case!

A very good idea, Heather... staple the label to the auction page!

NVmyLV - PP only allows 45 days. Too far gone for ebay, also. Your CC co may tell you same, but won't hurt to ask. I would DEF be forwarding this turkey's info to Northface. Does he have anything currently for sale??

I called eBay and they advised me to file a complaint with IC3 and they were going to try to contact the seller for me. He doesn't have anything for sale right now....her only has 45 feedbacks. I don't even know if he knew that it wasn't authentic. Hmmm...I think that it is too late to get my $$ returned thru a dispute. Good idea about keeping the label or at least a scan of the labels.

I would contact my cc company and forward them the letter that you received
from the company saying the article is a fake.. it might be late to do the same with ebay & paypal but at least it will be on record that the seller is selling a fake item
knowingly or unknowingly.. but the seller should know and even though the transaction took place months ago but you just received the letter from the company the seller should know regardless of what the outcome might be

The Paypal came out of my bank account. My CC is only a backup source if the funds had not been in my checking account. I think that I am out of luck. :sad:

Sorry for your loss (happened to me a few years ago over a fake BCBG coat - PP and my bank wouldn't help me so I lost $160) but yeah, it's been eight months... I'd just say let it go and take it as a lesson learned!