I just emailed LV via there web site to COMPLAIN.....

pmptrading

Apr 17, 2008
My email sent to LV......

Hello,
I am a huge Louis Vuitton fan and collector of your products.
I do however have an issue with 2 items.
I am a little embarrassed to bring this up in person so I would like your comments before I go to a LV store.
Faults:-
Epi Yellow Mabillon
The inner linning in the small back pocket and the inner inside pocket has gone all sticky.... Why is this so?
The backpack is about 10 years old BUT in mint condition (besides this fault). How do I get this fixed? Surely this is not my fault?
Mongram Monceau
The inner pocket (accessed via the zip) has gone all sticky and yuky as per above.
Why do these items go bad like this?
My Collection:-
Epi Pochette accessoires Black
Epi Cluny Black
Epi Petit Randonne Red
Epi Petite Noe Blue
Epi Petite Noe Yellow
Epi Pochette clefs Yellow
Epi Pochette porte-monnaie credit Yellow
Epi Porte-billets cartes credit monnaie Black
Epi Sac d'epaule Black
Epi Yellow Mabillon
LV Baubles
LV Keyring
Mongram Ellipse Back Pack
Mongram Ellipse Hand Bag
Mongram Monceau
Mongram Nice
Mongram Porte-billets cartes credit monnaie
Monogram Multicles 4
Monogram Pochette accessoires
Monogram Salsa
Monogram Viva-cite GM

I would take your items into a boutique - and see what they have to say. Perhaps the lining can be replaced. I don't know why this is happening to your bags - could be age, storage, or a number of other factors...

Let us know what the boutique says.

I seem to rememer reading that the pockets go like that if you live somewhere with a humid climate, because the pocket lining is synthetic and goes all sticky like that with humid air.

I believe your letter should have gone more like this.....

Hello,

I am a huge Louis Vuitton fan and collector of your products. In fact I have over 20 of your fantastic items.

In ten years, your products have been so great that I have only ever had 2 problems but thats OK because I know if I take my Mabillon and Monceau into my boutique you will look after me.

From the bottom of my heart, I would sincerely like to thank you for your tremendous customer service and brilliant workmanship.

I hope I can acquire another 20+ items over the next 10 years.

With love,

pmptrading

My email sent to LV......

Hello,
I am a huge Louis Vuitton fan and collector of your products.
I do however have an issue with 2 items.
I am a little embarrassed to bring this up in person so I would like your comments before I go to a LV store.
Faults:-
Epi Yellow Mabillon
The inner linning in the small back pocket and the inner inside pocket has gone all sticky.... Why is this so?
The backpack is about 10 years old BUT in mint condition (besides this fault). How do I get this fixed? Surely this is not my fault?
Mongram Monceau
The inner pocket (accessed via the zip) has gone all sticky and yuky as per above.
Why do these items go bad like this?
My Collection:-
Epi Pochette accessoires Black
Epi Cluny Black
Epi Petit Randonne Red
Epi Petite Noe Blue
Epi Petite Noe Yellow
Epi Pochette clefs Yellow
Epi Pochette porte-monnaie credit Yellow
Epi Porte-billets cartes credit monnaie Black
Epi Sac d'epaule Black
Epi Yellow Mabillon
LV Baubles
LV Keyring
Mongram Ellipse Back Pack
Mongram Ellipse Hand Bag
Mongram Monceau
Mongram Nice
Mongram Porte-billets cartes credit monnaie
Monogram Multicles 4
Monogram Pochette accessoires
Monogram Salsa
Monogram Viva-cite GM

its old and the pockets we not lined with the current material.... it's not LV's fault just go and have them replace the pockets. no big deal... I would not make a problem where there isn't one :nogood:

This is a really common problem with a certain type of lining, especially if you are in a humid atmosphere or if the bag was stored where there was any humidity. It's normal wear and tear. You can pay to have the lining replaced though. I know this is common with the bucket bag.

Yep, bags over a certain age aren't fitted with a linning that will last as long as the bag. It is silly of LV to overlook this, but it is somthing that can be easily rectified.

It is very common in older bags, regardless of their condition. Like you say in your email it isnt your fault, but is also a problem which LV has accpeted does happen. Im sure the reply will just be telling you to take it to a boutique or have it repaired by a cobbler.

Hope this helps! Keep us updated as to what happens :smile:

Hello,

I am a huge Louis Vuitton fan and collector of your products. In fact I have over 20 of your fantastic items.

In ten years, your products have been so great that I have only ever had 2 problems but thats OK because I know if I take my Mabillon and Monceau into my boutique you will look after me.

From the bottom of my heart, I would sincerely like to thank you for your tremendous customer service and brilliant workmanship.

With love,

pmptrading

I agree, this letter sounds a lot better. Keep us updated anyway.

Hello,

With love,

pmptrading

Dang girl, you are GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!:heart:

I've seen photos on eBay of interior pockets that have aged and gone sticky or shredded. It looks terrible. My newish speedy has a coated interior pocket and I worry since it's not lined in fabric that it will meet a similar fate. I dropped in one of those silica tubes into the pocket to control humidity as a preventive measure.

Hello,

With love,

pmptrading

Very well written :tup: