i just did something really really bad

fayden

latest obsession :
O.G.
Nov 18, 2005
so my birthday is coming up, and i decided to give something to myself because gosh, it's going to be a tragic day on monday. i'll be turning 25. (no offense to anyone over 25.) ever see that episode of sex and the city? carrie turns 35 or something, and she's at the restaurant wondering where everyone is and she looks over and it's another girl's birthday too and she's totally distressed and she's crying and going, "OHMYGOD I'M 25! I'M SO &%^$ING OLD!!!!!!!!!!! yup, that girl is going to be me.

anyway, at first i figured i'll get me the gaucho to cheer me up, but after seeing the fendi hologram on eluxury, the hobo, not the spy. and then looking over and over at Star's hologram hobo, i decided to buy it.

hopefully it'll make it to my house by monday. it would really cheer me up. :P

btw, post pics when you get it. The one on elux has different handles than the ones I see at the boutiques, I want to know if it actually has those handles!

:lol: well glad you got one! I tried to order a black patent B. Fendi but the ship date is 6/10:amazed: I think I'll just wait and get it from the Fendi boutique, thats a LONGGG time...

ugh, terrible. yah the dior gaucho one says 4/22 as the ship date. i thought they are available at the dior stores already? weird. we are not patient people!

fayden said:
so my birthday is coming up, and i decided to give something to myself because gosh, it's going to be a tragic day on monday. i'll be turning 25. (no offense to anyone over 25.) ever see that episode of sex and the city? carrie turns 35 or something, and she's at the restaurant wondering where everyone is and she looks over and it's another girl's birthday too and she's totally distressed and she's crying and going, "OHMYGOD I'M 25! I'M SO &%^$ING OLD!!!!!!!!!!! yup, that girl is going to be me.

anyway, at first i figured i'll get me the gaucho to cheer me up, but after seeing the fendi hologram on eluxury, the hobo, not the spy. and then looking over and over at Star's hologram hobo, i decided to buy it.

hopefully it'll make it to my house by monday. it would really cheer me up. :P

Number One: You are SOOOOOOOOO not old, but I get how you're feeling. I just now feel old, I'm 31!

Number Two: Sometimes the treats you give yourself mean more than what someone else gives you. There's something about rewarding yourself.... So Happy Early Birthday & Enjoy!

addicted said:
Happy early birthday! I ordered the same hologram spy hobo from e-lux. But, not my birthday...just an early valentine's gift for myself..I guess!

oh really you too!!! haha, i was wondering how many they had left in stock! thanks for the birthday wishes!

hey any holiday, personal or otherwise is good enough for me.

wickedassin said:
Number One: You are SOOOOOOOOO not old, but I get how you're feeling. I just now feel old, I'm 31!

Number Two: Sometimes the treats you give yourself mean more than what someone else gives you. There's something about rewarding yourself.... So Happy Early Birthday & Enjoy!

i know everyone at work thinks i'm crazy when i say that. but it's 5 years to 30. and 30 is old to me. 30's is the new 20's right?

and you are so right about #2. thanks!

Congrats, Fayden! Can't wait to see pix.

BTW, 25 is not the end of the world. I really do believe that it gets better as you get older. I'm turning 38 in June and i'm having the time of my life. Just relax and enjoy your b-day and don't worry about the numbers too much. It's all in the attitude i say. Cheers!

I actually was really happy to turn 30. I think I felt "too old" when I was in my 20's or something--like I was "too responsible" or that I was supposed to be constantly looking for myself. But I didn't get that--I knew where I was, I wasn't lost :P

At this point, I think 70 is older, everything else is fine.

wow, so maybe the 30s isn't that bad. when you guys were 25, did you have expectations to what your life would be like at the age of 30? and when you turned 30 was it what you expected? more or less?

i guess i'm at that point where i'm working at a job, but i'm not sure if i want to be doing this sort of thing for the next 40 years. and i'm hoping by the time i'm 30 i'll have this all figured out. but at the rate the years are flying by, i'm not so sure i won't be in the same situation as i am NOW.

depressing...

I guess every lady over 25 will have similar feelings. I am in my late 20s, and am already imagining my 60s :sad: But no matter how reluctant we are, time still goes on. I guess the best solution is to forget about the age, but enjoy everyday. Yet, it might be easier said than done :P

Well, at least think about that you can indulge yourself with some gorgeous bag every birthday, that will definitely make you feel much happier :smile:

Have a very happy upcoming B-day!

You NEVER know where life will take you.... Although I've been "grounded" most of my life, it took me a little longer to figure out the career thing.

When I was 22, I'd finished college and was headed off to med school.

At 24, I left med school and didn't know what I was going to do with my life...

At 25, I was back in college, figuring out what I'd like to do.

At 28 I graduating from law school.

And now at 31, I've been practicing law for 3 years--and very happy with how it turned out. Just curious how the rest of my life turns out.