i just cant be one of those girls...

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
i love the look if long, chic wallets. in fact, im kinda slg obessed!

right now i have an lv zcp and cant justify buying another wallet. i want to say i could use it as sort-of a clutch. i know some people grab their zippered larg ewallets tosse in their phone and their good to go for a few errands.

i just cant seem to pull that off! whenever i try, i inveriably need something i left in my purse at home. (ie blackberry, migraine meds or something).

do u tend to just grab ur wallet and maybe u r phone for a quick errand or do u need ur whole bag?

I can just grab my wallet. But I have the large 49 Sq Mi Clingy that fits my phone and lipgloss if I need to. Love this wallet. I would suggest maybe keeping a stash of your meds in your car. I used to keep a spare baby outfit in a plastic bag the trunk of the car, just so I wouldn't have to it around. You could do the same with beauty things that you don't want to carry with you.

I use my LV Evas as wallets, because everything I need fits inside: change, bills, lipgloss, cell. Since it has a chain strap I can wear it like a purse (intended purpose, I know) but I usually tuck it in and hold it if I'm ditching a large bag.

hmm nope, now that i really think of it, i can't just grab my wallet. i use an LV sarah and my blackberry doesn't fit it in. Even for quick errand, i'd have to place my blackberry in my pocket and no, it doesnt work, too bulky. So i grab my whole bag :sad:

I can do errands with just a wallet and often do. The wallet I use is always "men's size" and compact anyway so that I can fit it into a pocket in a jacket, sweatshirt, or baggy pants of some sort.
I also carry my wallet separately from my purse nowadays anyway so that if my handbag gets stolen at least I'd still have my wallet on me. I'm relying on the common conception that women will carry their wallets in their bags pretty much all the time.

I need my entire bag. I've tried to switch to a much smaller bag for errands, but when I do, I'm always missing something that couldn't fit in the smaller bag. I gave up and just carry my regular everyday bags.

Not a chance... I have a 15 month old LO so even if I'm only going to be gone 30 minutes I always have a spare diaper, wipes, snacks, and a toy (just in case)... ;)

I was going to get the zippy for specifically that purpose, but I wish it came with a chain, or the option to use one like the insolite. That wallet can fit EVERYTHING, cards money phone lipgloss, chapstick, shout wipes, etc. and the fabric is so light! I didn't need a wallet that big so I didn't get it, and I ended up with the vernis sarah which I chose because I like that it looks like a clutch by itself. If you are the type of woman who touches up their make up throughout the day, needs lotion etc. etc. then either get a bigger clutch wallet to help you be able to transition to carry little things. I always traveled with just a clutch so its easy for me, so its just takes some practice.

No, the best I can do is switch to a smaller bag for a party and even then I usually need something I didn't think to take.

My bags aren't huge (LV Speedy 25 and equivalent size in a few other brands) but they are full and I need everything I carry.

My every day wallet is an LV ZCP too, and anything bigger looks empty because I don't carry a lot of cards.

I know several people who if they carried the size of bags I do, all they could fit in would be their huge, stuffed wallets!

I found out that carrying my bulky wallet and phone just to run errands was too fussy and I don't really have appropriate small bags for the job. So I got a small wallet that has a special iphone compartment just for that purpose and it's incredibly light and fits wonderfully inside pants/jacket pocket. I try to make sure I won't need anything from my purse if I go out with a wallet. Sometimes I'd shove a lipstick in my pocket just in case ;)

I grab my phone and my wallet for quick errands - running to the post office, grabbing a few items at the shops, that sort of thing. If I'm going to do anything more, then I prefer taking my bag - realistically, I never need all the junk I carry, but I might! :biggrin:

MisFit said:
I use my LV Evas as wallets, because everything I need fits inside: change, bills, lipgloss, cell. Since it has a chain strap I can wear it like a purse (intended purpose, I know) but I usually tuck it in and hold it if I'm ditching a large bag.

I used my Madison coach cosmetic case as my wallet and it was amazing!!
I could fit a small pill case in there as well. Along with my phone:smile:

Sent from my iPhone!!!