I just bought my first Chanel , but....

colcol999

O.G.
May 29, 2009
I just bought my first Chanel ( GST ) and when I got home and took it out of the bag / box and really took good look at it , I realized there was a screw missing from the ring on the handle , I was wondering if anyone else has had these quality control deficient issues with these bags or if this is freak occurrence ? should I exchange for a difference bag . I had been looking forward to getting this bag for sometime now and getting my first Chanel .

On thursday my husband bought it for me , for my birthday present , I was so happy because it's such a stunning piece but upon further inspection I discovered the missing screw my heart sank and my day ruined , It was like Co Co Chanel herself stabbed me in the back and then was laughing about it . I said 10 yrs of buying L.V I have never once had to return 1 bag /clutch /wallet that why I was so shocked , because I expected better quality than that from Chanel . Now I don't know if I should exchange for the same bag or something else.

All of your input would be greatly appreciatively /needed . Now , I think I am going to curl up into ball in the shower and cry !

Attachments

• SAM_0786.jpg
    SAM_0786.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 165
  • SAM_0785.jpg
    SAM_0785.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that! I would take it back to Chanel and ask for a replacement. No need to feel bad about this. :hugs: Chanel should be able to solve this very easily. Good luck!

I'm so sorry to read this. :hugs: take it back to Chanel they should give you a new bag for sure.

happy birthday try not to get upset I have my fingers crossed everything will be ok :smile:

That also happened to my Patent GST which was with me for 2 years and seldom used. The screw came off without my knowing when I was in church. I sent my bag back to the chanel store for repair. They were able to replace the missing screw at minimal price. In your case I think they have to replace you with a new bag since you just bought it recently.

Sorry about this too!
It's become more and more often now I read about the imperfect chanel pieces. Don't be sad. Return and get a new one - it is Chanel who should improve the quality inspection.
Hope you get what you want and hope Chanel brings back their premium quality control!!

Thank you all for your input , after my sleep i felt much better now i have to wake my family up to have a little drive to chanel , wish me luck ladies and i will let u all know soon. ...again thank 's....