I just bought a Black Day but I have NO idea what year the leather is! Help!

dstar84

Addicted
Sep 29, 2006
I checked the reference library first to try to figure this out... as the bag I purchased came to me without a date card. Anyone have any idea to what year this black day is from?
P1000635.jpg

P1000640.jpg
P1000630.jpg

It's very pretty. Have you asked the previous owner about its history. If she didn't buy it new, maybe she'd tell you what she knows about when it was originally purchased, or even put you in touch with the original owner.

It looks too new to be older than f/w 2005, or I'd tell you to check the rivets for notches. Other than that....????

Ya know......I have a mystery black Day also. I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'd love to know what year/season mine is from too...

Meantime, I hope you can figure yours out. Later, I might put a photo or two of mine up. Someone might have one with similar leather, like Nicole with yours. :yes:

I checked the reference library first to try to figure this out... as the bag I purchased came to me without a date card. Anyone have any idea to what year this black day is from?
P1000635.jpg

P1000640.jpg
P1000630.jpg

Am no help here, but would like to say, whatever year this DAY is, it is GORGEOUS!!!! :drool::drool::drool:
The leather is divine and colour is so jet black!

I have to say, the leather on this day is even better than I ever expected. I am suspecting it's either an '05 or '06. Wish I knew for sure. I will take a pic of the rivets.

I agree that whatever it is, it's extraordinarily lovely, a true score. To me it looks just like my 05, so my guess is 05 :sweatdrop:. In which case it would be a MAJOR score:drool:

dstar the leather on this is perfection!! Doesn't even matter the year, the bag is gorgeous!!! I think I saw this on ebay, and was tempted by the lovely leather even though I already have a black day!! Just beautiful!!

I think the leather looks like yummy 05 leather too, but it also looks a lot like my black day which is a 2006. (It's my fave bag right now! :love: And the leather is better than my former RT day and choco work, and as nice as the indigo day i had and my bordeaux first!!) In any case, it's hard to read the serial # on your tag, but mine says 140442 213048. Hope that helps!

Thanks! I agree, I am leaning towards believing that this bag is an 06. I have an 05 magenta and I really think that the leather on this day, beats my 05 despite the rule. The number on my tag is 140442 213048

I think it is an 05. I originally thought so and STILL think so! Even though I've had an 06 Day with extraordinary leather, the rivets were that "light."

So I still think it is an 05.

Congrats again, lady!