I identified my first FAKE today!!!!

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi ladies,

Well, I was in the market today to do my food shopping and a lady walks in the door with me. She has on the LV small bucket. So, I look at it and it looks a little funny to me but not too much. Then she smiles at me as if to say, "oh, you've noticed my LV bag".

I looked at the bottom of the bag where the vachetta starts....and it only had one line of stiching in it in the middle. The real bag (which I checked out on Elux) has 2 lines of stiching...one around the beginning of the vachetta and one a little lower!!!!

She had on a big, fat, FAKE!!! And she was smilin' like it was da bomb!!!!!!

I was like this: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

2. Yes, I am starting to notice it, too. Once you have quality it is hard to go back.
    I am starting to notice how plastic the fakes look, especially what I believe is called the patina. Before, I never thought I would really be able to tell.

3. wooohooo... :drinkup:

identify 100 fakes and u get to reward yrself with a new REAL lv!!! :yahoo:

4. She probably thought my bag was fake too and was smiling at at me because of it!!!

5. Today must have been "Carry your fake day". I saw a woman at the grocery store with a black mc alma that had only about 7 or 8 repeating colors from what I could tell. I just looked and kept walking!

6. I hate fakes. It just makes me feel like, here I am spending a good amount of money to have a beautiful, quality item, and fakers are ripping off the style of our bags with like 30 bucks!!!!!!

7. Couldn't agree more:yes: but theirs will fall apart in no time!:graucho:

8. Now there's a reason to go strolling down Canal Street!

9. Me, too! I saw a Mono Speedy today, with feet!

10. Yeah, I was cracking up at the mall the other day when I saw this lady carrying a bag around with the little plastic circle tag on it...it just screamed FAKE!

11. Pretty much every bag I have been seeing now is a fake! And I suck at spotting them ,too, they just have been really really bad lately.

12. wow that's great! I love the feeling when you can recognize a fake! :biggrin:

13. Haha, nothing is like the feeling you get when you identify your first fake - I remember mine :love: And it only gets better too... I've started to point out fakes to my friends, so now some of them are also catching up to what's fake and real, lol :P

14. I pointed out the fake to my DH and he actually looked and asked why! It was so Fugly, talk about a waste of money!

15. That's so funny, by the way is that a new Suhali bag in your avatar?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice