I hope this isn't a stupid question.....but it might be

Grands Fonds said:
Laduree - ohhhh how I love that place.......

D - you MUST go there....on an empty stomach!!!

The packaging alone is divine, let alone the macaroons.......

The rose macaroons w/ the fresh cream filling is TDF. A close second is the coffee, but that one has a ganache filling. If you're a chocoholic, don't forget to check out Maison du Chocolat.

Paris is a lot about Hermes, but there's lots of other stuff to do, see, buy and eat! ;) ;) ;)

Dang it you guys! All this talk of food is making me want to hop onto a plane to Paris right now. I know, ppl travel there to shop, but I want to go there to eat ... shopMom, any chance that you can roll me up in your luggage? :P

hermes_lemming said:
^ omg, yes, you must stop by Laduree AND Dalloyau! They're hands down the best patisseries in Paris.

As for dress code, ok, take the normal dress code for Berkeley and pack exactly the opposite. The French are not exactly RTW in the streets but they do have style. And for those holey jeans, save them for the plane trip but whatever you do, do not wear them while you're sight-seeing.

OMG - you're going to have so much fun! I adore Paris. It's the first European city that I've visited and by far my favorite.

Have a wonderful time. Take tons of pictures and don't worry about internet connection. You're going to be too busy looking at the gorgeous architecture, sampling the delicious food, shopping, etc. You're about to visit one of the most romantic cities in the world...:love:
These are my two faves!!!! I've never had chocolate or pastries better than at Dalloyau (pronouned as dallo-eye-you)

I'm SOOO homesick for Paris now! :drool: :drool: :drool: :crybaby: :crybaby:

wow!!! I'm so excitied for you shopmom!!! :smile: It's my dream to go over to Europe..I've been in Asia so many times..but never Europe!! Please have a safe and great trip there!!! I know you'll look like the classy and fashionable lady you are while you're there :smile:. And remember..no matter what, your bag can completely pull off whatever outfit you wear...they're Hermes!!

Shopmom - across the street from the mothership is the presidential palace which might entertain your husband - he could walk around there and see if any important people go in or out - it worked for me at the time.