I hope this isn't a stupid question.....but it might be

OMG! I never even thought of it.....a COAT! Do I need to bring a coat? I was going to bring just my black leather jacket and Hermes Chocolate cashmere stole I bought a few months ago! I do have a gorgeous long black cashmere coat....should I take that or go buy a fabby trench?

Yep, that's what I'm thinking K.....hip length and no longer. OK! Tomorrow it's a trip to SF (with a pit stop at H....natch!). Taryn Rose shoes and a fabby hip-length trench!

Could I have a report on the Taryn Rose shoes when you get back pl. I have yet to find a perfect pair of slightly dressy shoes for walking all day. Usually I have to rely on Tods loafers or Prada Sport maryjanes, but they have a slightly more casual look.

I have a pair of suede black Tod's penny loafers that are the greatest. I have walked on all the cobblestone streets with them. They have a thick cushioned sole that is perfect for those streets. They are as comfortable as sneaks, but more stylish. Funny thing is when I was in Europe last, all the Europeans were dressing in jeans and sneaks like tourists:wtf: I hate looking like a tourist!!! Funny thing is, people always come up to us and start speaking in German or Scandanavian lang. Even on the Acropolis this happened!

Def do the stylish trench coat. Don't like the ones with zip in or button lining as they can get bulky. Would rather wear a sweater underneath.
Everyone should have a trench in the wardrobe. Even if the weather is nice, you put on a scarf or shawl over, and you look tres chic:graucho: I think it is too early to take a cashmere coat. That would be more for November.

wongnumber said:
When I was in the mothership store in Paris week and a half back, I saw so many Birkins being brandished around casually by the French customers. I started drooling over the different colours and thinking of my next acquisition. Of course there was nothing in the store in terms of Birkins since it was the August holidays. Stock situation should be better for Shopmom since everyone's back to work now.

If in doubt clothes-wise, a good coat hides all evils. This summer I bought a lovely navy belted trench from Celine that should last through early autumn, and my favourite winter coat is a vintage 70's number with a fur collar that I scored for GBP 25 from Steinberg and Tolkien on the Kings Road, and which has never failed to garner compliments from SAs in every designer store I've walked into.
FABOO!!!:love: :love: :flowers:

shopmom411 said:
Yep, that's what I'm thinking K.....hip length and no longer. OK! Tomorrow it's a trip to SF (with a pit stop at H....natch!). Taryn Rose shoes and a fabby hip-length trench!
I have a wonderful Burberry black ladycost that has lining that zips out. Perfect!

Well, I would definately bring my nice stuff to PARIS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is so exciting!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!! What great news!!!:nuts: