I hope I'm not wrong...

^^That's what originally drew me to the bag. It gave me hope I could clean it up.

I hear the MR. Clean magic eraser works magic.

Yes. Magic Erasers work well too. Just know it will suck the oil out. You can add something like Apple leather conditioner to put the oil back in. I had a speedy that was 30 years old. I loved it. I finally did part with it for a new one.

You got a great deal, and IMHO paid the right price. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't let people be rude to you.

^^That's what originally drew me to the bag. It gave me hope I could clean it up.

I hear the MR. Clean magic eraser works magic.

That little Mr. Clean works really good! It surprises me sometimes. I think you got a good deal and it will be fun watching it transform with some of your TLC. I have always wondered if the yellow threading on my bags will turn dark as they age but by looking at your little Speedy, I don't think I have to worry so much about that.

It's a matter of personal choice. I personally will not go for it as the patina is too dark for my liking, but if it appeals to you, by all means keep it.

That's an AMAZING price for a bag like that. ITA with the 'thicker' vintage canvas thing. And how clean the stitching seemed to stay. If I had the chance, I would buy this bag. And even if you can't clean it up, another poster estimated that new vachetta would be $225... that's an amazing, clean speedy for $300... thats MUCH less than half of retail. You got an AMAZING deal. congrats.